The Dream Both of You Had (PART II)

Scaramouche's POV

"Where is it...?"

I wasn't snooping around her stuff, I was only curious. The letters ended up falling into my hands, it wasn't like I fished them out of her desk drawer myself. I just found it strange how she always retires to her quarters early in the night and became curious as to what she could possibly be doing.

"Ugh, what the hell..."

At the moment, I was currently flipping through the pages of [Y/N]'s letters to her family. After sending my secretary out on a wild goose chase to find me some electro crystals (knowing that there's none for miles and that she'll give up eventually), I entered her room and began looking through her things. I'm sure she wouldn't mind unless she was hiding something from me.

"Am I seriously not in any of these...?!"

Honestly, I had no intention of going through [Y/N]'s personal stuff, but just had a feeling that she wasn't being truthful to me. The mere thought of it pisses me off, so that's why I decided to take this into my own hands. There was always something in the back of my mind, ever since I recruited her, I've always wanted to know one thing.

"Does she not talk about me at all?!"

Angry, I slammed an open palm onto the table, resisting the urge to crumple up old letters. I've always wanted to know how she feels about me. I don't think I'm being selfish since I want to know so badly. If [Y/N] was a book, she would be half open and written in a different language. I wish we could just get along and get closer to one another.

I was just about to give up, I guess that my subordinate doesn't think of me other than 'being her boss'. I hated to admit that I wasn't able to find any of her juicy secrets.

Until finally I saw an unsent letter...

Dear mother and brother,

How is everyone and how are things back at home? I have been eating very well, so no need to ask for the hundredth time, mother. I haven't gotten father's letter back yet, is he working overtime at the Embassy? And finally, I would like to remind big brother Nikolai to take his medication and go out on long walks.

I have exciting news to tell you: I have been promoted to the sixth Fatui Harbinger's secretary-assistant! I'm grateful, however, he is notorious for the way he treats the other agents. But then again, I got a new Major Insignia and the higher-ups are surely recognizing me now!

Harbinger Scaramouche is a very complex man and has a stranger sense of humour than I do. Maybe it's because he is originally from Inazuma and the culture is different? I don't know.

I think he's okay. If I treat him with respect, he doesn't lash out at me.

Anyway, they're doing roll-calls now. I have to finish this letter early!

With love, [Y/N]

The handwriting in the letter looked rushed as [Y/N] signed her name at the end.

"That's all." I felt offended. Are you kidding me? All these weeks spent together and she just thinks that I'm okay? Okay, how? 'Okay, he's my boss' or 'okay, I like him'? I had too many questions flying around in my head, this was probably going to drive me insane for the next month and a half.

I can't believe I'm going to say something so lame and cliche but, I can't help but notice that my heart sank knowing that [Y/N] doesn't think anything special about me. I have a feeling we aren't going to get along that well, or at least, I'm going to have trouble with the relationship we have right now.