The Unspoken Love Between Friends

You really wished you had someone to hold your hair right now.

After throwing up every single food you ate in the last twelve hours, you let out another sickly groan. Lucky enough for you, none of the locals seemed to have taken interest in a young lady spilling her guts into the sea. Maybe they saw you as a pitiful drunkard that just had one too many drinks? Whatever it was, you were happy that no one decided to disturb you during your weakest moments.

There was still a flaming hot sensation sticking to the roof of your mouth and on the sides of your tongue, making beads of sweat drip down your face. Honestly, if you were in Snezhnaya, you would already be diving face-first into the snow beds and maybe laying there for an hour or two. But alas, you were currently slouched over the wooden fences of the Harbour, trying to get rid of that spicy taste in your throat.

Another tired groan made you shut your eyes out of misery. You didn't know how long you were out for or if you ended up bumping your head on the table when you collapsed from the heat. Maybe it would be a good idea to return back to the Traveller and the trio of best friends, you didn't want to be caught in another situation without your weapons-

"Secretary [Y/N]...?"

You let out a startled cough and stood up from the fence. An unfamiliar female voice just made you jump out of your skin like you were some kind of rookie soldier. You didn't even dare to turn around, that's how freaked out you were, you hoped that the woman would lose interest and leave. Moreover, you were hoping she couldn't see your face.

"Could it be...?" This time it was a man's voice.

Give me a break! You never felt the universe go against you until now. What was your luck? Is this supposed to be a cruel joke by the Archons as punishment for becoming a treacherous traitor? Very funny - no, not really. If anything, you were the victim here.

"You, in adventurer's clothes, turn around." The man and the woman began whispering among themselves that they might have the wrong person but decided to investigate you anyway.

I'm caught at last... You couldn't believe you were being ordered around by someone other than a Harbinger or Lord Scaramouche. All the more, it was uncalled for you to follow them. Well, what else could you do? If you tried to run back to Lumine's party, the duo behind you would run after you too. If you fought back, surely it would draw the attention of a large crowd and then soon, the Millelith. You were all out of options, maybe you could dive into the sea instead-

As you wiped your chin with your sleeve, you finally turned around to look at who was behind you. Maybe you should already have your arms ready in a handcuffing position, it would probably make it easier for everyone. It was time to surrender. Though, you wondered how your friends would react if they found out you were kidnapped again just like that.

"Oh my Archon...!" The lady gasped.

The man was equally astonished, "It's really her! She was here all along...!"

When you looked up to look at the people who caught you, you also looked as surprised as them. To the left was a young woman with silver hair and a uniform eye mask. To the right was a blond man with the same face wear. They seemed to be holding each other's hands, to your confusion.

Both of them were members of the Fatui, you could see it on their attire (and from the way they addressed you so formally). So, it was a little bit of a shocker to see them in front of you - not looking ready to throw a tarp over you or something.

"Ah..." You groaned out of awkwardness because of the strange situation you were currently in. Seeing that both of them were frozen in shock from being in your presence, you decided to speak first. "Hello, Vlad and Nadia..."