The Only Time to Escape

Oh, how little you slept last night.

The dust in the air can be seen like white specks as the morning light shone through the stained-glass windows.

You only noticed the slight red cut on the side of your neck after you took your blouse off. It seemed like Chongyun managed to nick your skin with the slightest graze of his claymore after your little quarrel last night. You didn't feel anything at the time, you were too focused on trying to get him off of you.

The blood was already dried, all that was left was a thin line of parted skin. Good thing it healed quickly, you were sure that if the scab wasn't there, you would have been able to peel off a section and touch the fleshy inside.

You wondered where the exorcist had run off to. Then again, why worry about Chongyun's whereabouts when you should really be anticipating Lord Scaramouche's arrival. You couldn't believe that he hasn't shown up to your hiding place even after being seen by a handful of Fatui members.

Lord Dottore's hijacked ruin guard had spotted you and the Traveller's group travelling along the main road to Liyue Harbour. That recruit Cicin Mage managed to intercept (however she wasn't much of a worry since she is dead).

Next, Fatui Agent Kliment had found you inside the city - to your misfortune, he escaped. Scaramouche was most likely informed about your location in the Harbour. Then, those two Northland Bank guards Vlad and Nadia, know exactly what your disguise looks like. You wouldn't be surprised if Scaramouche laughed himself off his chair after being told about your little outfit change.

Finally, master Childe. After that totally unnecessary encounter with a group of Treasure Hoarders, it must have been purely coincidental that Childe happened to be there as Li Ding was being forced on top of you. Even though Childe promised not to tell Scaramouche about finding you, even the most faithful person has their trust wavered a little when it comes to the 11th Harbinger.

Though, a part of you wonders what happened to the Li brothers. You couldn't care less about the older brother, Li Dang, you never really like boisterous men like him. But his poor younger brother, Li Ding, wanted nothing but a reward for his job well done in kidnapping you. It was disheartening to hear him start to cry while his teammates laughed.

His insignia sat on the windowsill while his brother's was on the floor. You didn't bother touching any of the coins scattered in your room. You could guess where they were now.

Things like that. You only saw those things to be disgusting desires that took over people's actions. It would only be an inconvenience, that's why you taught yourself how to forget. Luckily, you didn't need to do that.

All of a sudden, there was a rhythmic pat in your door, not surprising you but enough to make you place your blouse back on. Not even a second later, the wooden door creaked open and a black hat popped through the entranceway. Under the hat, two flowery eyes peeked upwards and landed on where you were.

Hu Tao glanced around the tattered room and instead of being upset about the cluttered room, she stepped inside and stood there stiffly. She pressed both her pointer fingers together in a childish manner and rocked on her heels nervously.

"Hey, uh..." Hu Tao's voice trembled as she resisted the urge to giggle. "Next time, try to keep it down when you have boys in your room... the old man is coming over sometime soon and he'll start to get poetic about young love if he hears you having fun upstairs."

"I shot a bullet into your ceiling."

"So they're the wild type, oh Archons..."

You just about landed the harshest smack in the middle of your forehead the moment Hu Tao began wiggling her eyebrows at the mention of a boy visiting you in the middle of the night. So much for trying to admit that you were the cause of all this damage. You didn't think she saw the frozen gaping hole in the ceiling, even the wooden splinters had frost growing on them.