15

(●'◡'●)ノ
𝐼𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ

(●'◡'●)ノ𝐼𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ

Karls POV

We arrived to the ER minutes later. I ran with the doctors and paramedics that rushed her into the halls of the quiet emergency room building and stopped me at a point where no one but patients and doctors could go any further.

I waited for what seemed like hours for any word back from the doctors. I kept overthinking, what if she dies? How did a lego cause traumatic head injury? Why is it taking so long for them to give me word on what's going on with Kylie?

My prayers were answered when the paramedic from the ambulance walked out looking for me.

"I'm so sorry.." he looked at me sympathetically. My heart dropped at his words, worrying of the worse. I held my head in my hands and roughly cried.

"She's in a coma. Reaching back to her footage, the height of those legos added with the rate velocity of them falling down did not mix well. As they landed on her, one of them must have struck a crucial part of her skull and nearly cracked it. We're not sure when she will wake up." The doctor had informed me.

I felt slightly relieved knowing she hadn't died, but still in so much pain. A coma?!

"Looking at the injury, we predict that she won't be waking up any time soon." The doctor sympathetically read his papers. "Although she will be in a coma, she may still be conscious, meaning she may or may not be able to hear you. We've seen slight signs of future improvement. She's still in her obvious early stages, so she won't be responding to anything at all, but that doesn't necessarily mean she won't be able to hear you."

My heart felt like it was being shattered, piece by piece falling into the pits of my abdomen. I felt defeated. Her absence in my already lonesome life is not going to come easy.

I nodded on the verge of tears, turning away to find Jimmy, Chris, and Chandler at the sights. I immediately walked over to them.

"Did you guys hear" I asked, lowering my voice to refrain from slight voice cracks due to the state I was in.

"We heard it all" Jimmy responded, a couple tears falling from his eyes. "I can't believe this is happening, this is all my fault" Jimmy covered his mouth, trying to refrain from the honest regret and shame that followed his opinions.

"This is NOT your fault Jimmy. Don't blame yourself, you didn't know the blocks were going to fall and you didn't know she would be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not blame yourself." Chris reassured him, rubbing the upper parts of his back.

Chris was right, but I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I fell to a chair and let it all out, praying to god she will be okay.

"If you'd like to see her" the doctor spoke up, directing me to her room. The boys followed after me.

"Just one person for right now. We're not sure if she's able to hear, in the events that she can we don't want to overwhelm her." The doctor stopped the boys, allowing me to go first.

We reached her room, and I immediately guided my face downwards, not wanting to see Kylie in the state she was in. It broke my heart.

"I'll leave you two alone. There's a buzzer next to her bed, if you hear any unusual beeping or she is somehow responding to anything you possibly do, please buzz us in. Refrain from sitting on the bed, moving her, and yelling. If there's any part of her that's conscious, it's best to refrain from startling her which can possibly but rarely lead to a deeper state of her coma." The doctor left soon after, leaving me to my depths of despair.

"Hey ky" I smiled slightly at her face, noticing they had shaved her head and wrapped the amounts of her skull. I sat down in the chair next to her bed and lightly rubbed my hand against hers, hungry for her touch.

"Please be okay. I need you." I propped my chin onto my hands and my elbows to my knees, watching for any signs of response.

There was nothing. Not even a twitch of the eye.

Kylies POV

I heard a faint voice, almost sounding like someone explain the depths of my condition. I was in a coma? From legos? What the hell?!

I heard a faint thank you, coming from a voice I knew a little too well.

It was Karl.

"Hey ky" he said. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I wanted to respond but I couldn't. I felt so trapped and I absolutely hated it.

"Please be okay. I need you" he said afterwards. Soon following were his faint sounds of crying. Sniffles, choking up.

Let me out. Let me hug him, let me be there for him.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to just unzip the depths of this coma and step out right there. Don't let Karl cry about me. He deserves the world and more.

Soon, the sounds I heard had stopped. Damnit. I want them back. I want to hear his voice, I want to know that me being able to hear him gives me a guarantee of getting the fuck out of this coma. Give it back. Give me my life back.

This isn't fair.