32

karls pov

i stayed at kylies until chris was able to pick me up. after a little while of sitting outside her bedroom door, i heard her light snores. the breathes i'm oh so used to, the breathes i used to fall asleep and wake up to. now, i wasn't sure the next time i'd be able to hear those breathes.

i searched for the door key above her door frame and unlocked her door before opening it very slowly, finding kylie asleep on the floor. i carefully picked up her lazy body and brought her to her bed, covering her up in her comforter. i wiped the hair from her face and tried not to sit there and cry at the sight of someone who isn't mine anymore.

i quickly grabbed a note and wrote down a little something to her for when she wakes up when chris texted he was at the door. i quickly went over.

"do you have it?" i whispered, looking down to chris' hands.

"here. just pay me back tomorrow or something." chris handed me the new macbook and i nodded before running back into kylies room, quietly but surely. i place it on her nightstand and the note atop of it before picking up her broken laptop from the floor and placing it next to the new one in case she needed anything off of it.

i looked at a sleeping kylie one more time, tearing up a tiny bit. i knelt next to her by her bed and cupped her cheek with my hand, kissing her forehead slightly before sobbing into the bed before me.

i really fucked up this time.

kylies pov

i woke up with puffy eyes and face, hair all over my face, and basically halfway off of the bed. i'd realized a minute after waking up that karl must have brought me to the bed, shortly after had i remember all of the events of the night before. i frowned, trying not to think too hard into it yet, and set my hand on my nightstand looking for my phone. my hand was met but a piece of paper and a box, sending me into a pit of confusion.

i looked over to see a new macbook box and a note atop of it. i furrowed my brows as i read the note, confused on where the new laptop came from.

kylie

i'm sorry for breaking your laptop. here's a new one. i fucked up this time and i'm so sorry. please call me when you're ready to talk.

with all the love in the world,
karl

i scoffed and crumpled up the note, throwing it far away from me. i didn't care where it landed i just didn't want to see it anymore.

i got up from my bed and got ready for the day, packing some of my things into my case for when i travel to new york this weekend.

jimmy

chris told me what happened.
take all of the time you need.

thank you. i'm thinking about
going to new york soon, hoping
i can have a few days off for that
trip if that's okay with you?

of course.

thank you jimmy

❤️

Karol

screw waiting for this weekend i'm getting
on the next flight to new york. lots of stuff
to tell you about karl as well. pls tell
me i can come early.

of course.

see u 8 pm your time.

see you. cant wait :,)

same. get me the fuck out of this place

it's that bad?

it's that bad.

i packed away more clothes and all of my necessities before leaving to my pc to book the next ticket, which happened to be in 2 hours. perfect, i can leave right now.

i booked the ticket and grabbed all of my things i needed before heading into the kitchen grabbing lots of snacks.

i finally made my way to the door and opened it, walking backward out the door to make sure my suitcase wouldn't get caught into anything when i ran straight into a tall figure.

"oh my god i'm so sorry i wasn't paying attenti- oh" of course. with my luck. i now stood face to face with karl.

"kylie i" karl started, soon interrupted by me. "save it karl. i'm not ready to see you right now. i don't want to be your girlfriend anymore so please just stop trying right now." i looked away from his puffy eyes and frowned, knowing my words were hurtful.

"i'm sorry karl. but after everything that happened and the whole thing with corinna, i don't think i can handle you right now. you told your ex that you missed her, coincidentally the same week you asked me to be your girlfriend. when i read that message and reacted ACCURATELY, YOU flipped out" i pressed my finger into his chest as i said 'you flipped out' and soon decided i didn't care if i was crying because at this point, i knew my emotions were valid.

"you made me scared of you last night karl. you saw that i scooted into the corner and flinched when you came close to me and continued to yell at me as if i was a misbehaved animal. i was AFRAID you would HIT me. if that doesn't tell you something then you are NOT ready for a relationship anytime soon. now please leave, i need to catch a plane" i pushed him away from me and closed my apartment door and locked it.

i looked over at karl and frowned at the sight of him sobbing. he knows he hurt me. maybe i didn't give him a chance to apologize. we stood there staring at each other for a few minutes before i left him there, trying my best not to stop, slide down a wall, and just cry.

ive finally made it to new york. away from nc, away from karl. i really need this, and as i thought about the mental state i'd be able to accomplish on my trip, i'd finally seen my best friend. someone i haven't seen in so long, too long at this point. who she was with, i wasn't sure.

1022 words

this chapter is short i'm so sorry but i have a lot of ideas for the next chapter and i'm excited to share :]

go drink some water my beloveds!