1 Hour

Walking into Battalion the first person Flo saw was Lip lying on the sofa coughing, unfortunately he had caught pneumonia on their way to Hageanau, she entered the small room he was in and took her thermometer out of her med satchel.

"Come on Lip, open wide for me" she smiled weakly as she spoke in her hoarse voice while she popped the thermometer in his mouth. After a minute she took it out and shook her head "Still a temp of 103°, is there nowhere here you can get some proper bed rest?" she asked looking around as she took her helmet off.

Lip shook his head "I'm needed here Fizz, but I'm fine just need to sit down for a bit" he was almost asleep with exhaustion, Flo just sighed and tucked a blanket around him. While she started to look around for supplies "Florence can you relax please, youre the one we should concerned about, your not well and if you don't sit down you're gonna faint and I'm not having that on my head let me take your temp as well" he gave a weak smile taking the thermometer out of her bag and popping it in her mouth, after a minute he took it out, it read 104°, Lip shook his head and ordered her to rest he couldn't do anything else to help her. It didn't take Flo much convincing to move over to the sofa, she sat down and took her helmet off, shook her braids out and started redoing them while Lip shared some of his blanket.

Luz came strolling in then ticking off his supply list "Oh here are the pneumonia twins, not in bed as they should be. Oh well at least your sitting down" he laughed at himself and pottered around making jokes to which the two on the sick bed didn't find as hilarious as Luz himself found them.

"Luz as much as I love your jokes usually" she started saying dryly "I would appreciate if you would shut up for five minutes so Lip can look through his papers and I can.... Oh hi web" Flo cut herself off after noticing Webster standing awkwardly at the door.

"Hey look who it is, nice digs huh Web" Luz said spotting Web at the door.

"Yeah, Sergeant Lipton?" Web said a bit hesitantly, obviously he was concerned seeing Lip in such a condition "Feeling alright?".

Luz replied for Lip as he was adjusting the blanket over Flo and Lip "Yeah he's alright, got pneumonia, Fizz as well"

"Oh I'm sorry" Web replied before Luz started up again

"Why you sorry, he's alive, got a blanket, he can sit down, he's got a great girl looking after him, snug as a bug, same goes for Fizz except she's got the cajun looking after her"

Flo just rolled her eyes and gave a small smile as Web continued "Sergeant Malarky said to check in with the Co to see if I should be in 2nd platoon"

"Sure, take a seat Webster we'll get you situated" Lip said exhausted as he slumped back on the sofa looking at his papers, while Web took an uneasy seat.

Flo laid her head on the sofa arm and let her eyes close for a minute, she didnt hear the new Lieutenant enter, she did hear Lip shift though but just thought he was getting comfortable.

The new Lieutenant Jones was young and wanted to prove himself, so when he entered and didn't get the 'respect' for being a senior officer from the young medic or any of the other men he spoke up "Private Hilton" he said sharply waking her up, she glanced around and saw disapproving faces staring at the new Lieutenant as she looked over to him and immediately went to stand up, even if she was weak on her legs "Sir. Forgive me" was all she said and saluted as Jones nodded and replied "As you were, Lieutenant Jones looking for Captain Winters" he said trying to show his authority as Flo was pulled back down to the sofa by Luz who was continuing to give death glares to Jones.

"He'll be here in a minute Sir, sit down" Lip replied as he went back to looking at his papers.

Standing up again Flo looked to Lip "I'm getting you a coffee, Sir do you want a coffee? Web?" she asked tiredly, from the other two it was a resounding no but Lip was rolling his eyes "Fizz let Vest do it" but Flo shook her head.