Final Push

Dike still wasn't moving. Luz was trying to get him on the radio, they had completely lost control of the attack. He then suddenly announced "1st platoon make a flanking run and attack from the rear", Flo was surprised he hadn't announced he needed to go back to battalion.

Poor Foley and Johnny had to follow through so they ran and tried to do the best with their orders, but it resulted in a few men being killed.

Most of the men were still spread out, hiding behind wagons and stacks of hay, the snow kept pouring over them as the mortars landed around them.

"Lip please do something!" Flo shouted over the shells. But Lip just shook his head, she knew that he had to follow orders, they were all going to be killed, sitting ducks is what they were.

As Flo was about to talk to Winters herself she heard Perconte shout out, she quickly peeked around the haystack and saw him lying on his back "Get up perc please" she whispered to herself. Everything stilled around her for what felt like minutes but was only seconds when she saw Perco move and hold his ass, Ramirez then pulled him to cover. Flo made a move to get up but Lip pulled her back down "He'll be fine, you won't do him any favours getting yourself killed".

Lip then shoved her behind him and looked through his binoculars where he then shouted "Located sniper, the building with the caved in roof", all surpressing fire was then aimed at that sniper.

Looking at each of her boys and seeing none of them knew what to do, Flo turned desperately to the forest to see if command were sending support or cutting their losses.

A shell blew the snow up and Flo turned with her head in her hands. Until a sharp tap on the shoulder made her lift her head and she breathed a sigh of relief.

Speirs was stood there with a hand on her shoulder and immediately said to Dike "I'm taking over". Dike just sat there unmoving.

Speirs then turned to Lip "1st sergeant what have we got?"

"Sir, most of the company is spread out, 1st platoon tried an end around but their stretched out and pinned down by a sniper, I believe he's in that building with the caved in roof"

"Okay I want mortars on that building till its gone, when it's gone I want first to go straight in going around, everyone else with me" Speirs said with authority and they all immediately felt at ease, 'we' re gonna get through this' Flo thought.

She stood up to start running and then felt something placed on her head, it was Dikes helmet that Speirs had picked up "With me Florrie" he said as he took off, with Flo following closely behind him next to Luz trying to radio while running. As they were running Flo looked back to see their hiding place was blown to pieces, they weaved and managed to dodge the sniper as they slammed into the wall of a building overlooking the courtyard of Foy.

Lip peeked around the corner of the building and suddenly let out a yelp and held his face.

"Lip!" Flo dived over Speirs whom she was sitting next to and took Lips hands off his face so she could see if there was any injury.

"It's fine fizz, ricochet. No problem" he said and it took Flo a minute to regulate her breathing after the run and fear, so she just nodded her head and moved back to her position.

Speirs turned to Lip "What do you see Lipton?"

"Armour and infantry, a lot of infantry"

"I company's supposed to be on the other side of the town, do you see any sign of them? Radio anything?"

Luz replied with a no, Flo moved and looked around the side of the building, seeing what Lip saw, with the amount of Germans she had a terrible feeling that I company was going to pull back.

" Sir" she said "I think Item are gonna pull back if we don't contact them"

Lip chipped in "Their gonna slip away"

Speirs nodded for a second and then stood up "That's right, wait here"

The 3 sat there in surprise when Speirs took off running right into German guns. "What the hell?" Lip thought out loud and Flo had to agree, she had never seen anything like it.

She gripped Luz's hand tightly and prayed that Speirs would get through alive as it looked very unlikely.

The Germans looked confused..... She didn't think they realized at first it was an American soldier, as it was a suicide mission. But Speirs managed to get through before they realized and started shooting.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Speirs climb over a wall, where I company presumably was holed up.

Luz and Lip were discussing what action to take next while waiting to hear from Speirs on the radio, when Flo suddenly noticed a figure coming back over the wall.

She grabbed Lips arm and he turned to look why she had suddenly turned to stone. Lips face turned into one of confusion and surprise as well, but also admiration.

They all started smiling as Speirs joined them and told them the plan for attack.

After that it all went fairly quickly, the Germans were surrounded and their tigers taken. They took a lot of prisoners that day, some needed medical attention so the minute Flo got an 'all clear' she walked into the nearest building (that wasn't blown to pieces) and set up an aid station.

Rifling through her med satchel she noticed she was low on bandages, morphine everything really, rolling her eyes Flo went to find Luz.

The men were happy and were being filmed sat on the tanks, rolling her sleeves up Flo gave a small smile as she headed towards where Luz was sat with Speirs talking to Battalion.

As she approached she laughed as the men starting to sing for the cameras, the two soldiers looked up and gave smiles, happy to see their girl happy.

"Hello, can I use the radio quickly please Luz?"

"Just for you Fizz" he said with a cheeky smile.

Speirs then said deadpan "I'll just stop my conversation with the Generals then", but Flo could see by his mouth twitching up that he was joking, Luz however froze and looked scared.

Flo laughed and shoved him on the shoulder "He's joking you wally" and then she gratefully took the radio from Luz's hands and sat next to them on some of the rubble.

"Sir?" she asked into the radio.

"It's Winters here Fizz, what can I do for you?" came his crackly voice from the machine.

"Hi sir, has Gene already started making his way down here?"

"Not yet he's about to with Spina"

"Thank goodness, can you tell him to bring all his extra bandages and basically extra everything he can get his hands on please sir?"

"Of course Fizz, he shouldnt be long, can you hand me back to Speirs now please" he asked while almost laughing down the radio.

"Sir, you mean you would rather talk to Captain Speris than me? I'm hurt" she said laughing, while Luz and Speirs sat there with smiles on their face.

Winters just chuckled and said "I'm not gonna answer that Fizz"

"Okay Sir, here he his" she said and handed the radio back to Speirs who nodded.

As Flo started to walk away she heard a shot and shouts and then she felt someone dragging her back behind a building.

She turned around to see Speirs holding her arm, he then whispered "Thank goodness I put that helmet on your head"

She smiled "Yes your very clever, how are we goning to get out of this one?"

He shrugged "Who's the best sniper in Easy?"

"Shifty" Flo said with no hesitation.

Speirs nodded "Then he will have to shoot him down"

The two watched as Lip ran out for the sniper to reveal his position and Shifty did indeed shoot the sniper.