Calm Before The Storm

Thankfully there was no backlash to Flo's actions. It was lucky because 'joy of joys' the press had turned up. 

Whenever there were cameras around Flo would shove her helmet on her head and scuttle off. But some of the boys were loving it. Luz and Perco to name a couple. She would wake up in their barracks and hear Luz going "Gotta trim my beard and twirl the ends of my hair to ensure the folks home think I'm foxy", Flo would then start laughing and say "Georgie that would be a great idea if you had a beard or if your hair even curled".

"Don't mock me Flo" he would say in a voice pretending to be upset, "I've got to look my best, otherwise the folks at home will think I'm not doing my job" and with that half, the barracks would be laughing.  

Perc just loved talking to the reporter. It was hilarious watching him try and flirt with the little female reporter. Flo and Malark would hide behind a wall and watch as Perco attempted to flirt. It would always end with the 2 snorting trying to withhold their giggles, but it always ended in them full-on laughing and having to run away. 

The men in Easy would see the two come bounding around the corner and smile at the two. 

***
One morning vest came in shouting "Letters!"

He then started handing round the envelopes people longed for.

He came to Flo and said "Here you go Fizz"

She smiled it was from her mum, she went to her barrack and sat cross legged on the bed and opened it.

My darling Florence,

I hope you are well. In your last letter you mentioned you were just tired and had a scratch on your cheek. I hope this is still the case and that is the least of your worries.
We have heard from James, in March he was involved in an escape attempt, I could have given him a wack on the head. The Nazi's went against the Geneva convention and killed an uncertain number of men who escaped, James managed to get to the train station but was apprehended soon after and luckily got sent back.

We are all well my baby and miss you more everyday. Please stay safe and say hello to all the men for us, I know how much they all care for you. Alicia popped back to the village before she got sent to France as a nurse obviously, she seemed different, harder. But I expect its due to the injuries she has seen.

Libby and Juliet send their love and each have a message. Libby said she is still corresponding with Chuck and she is falling for him. Juliet says pretty much the same for Webster, she asks you to keep a watch on him as she has decided she wants to marry him. You know what Jules is like, once she makes up her mind, that's it.

Anyway, theres no more news as of yet, Bertie Critches son Andrew has come back as he was shot in the head bur survived! How amazing is that, obviously a miracle from God.

We love you, my little candy floss. Come home safe to us, please! We need you.

Lots of love,
Mum, Dad, Joey and Annie.

P. s I still think you should tell Lt Speirs how you feel, but that's just my advice. Your descision sweetheart.

Flo felt her heart swell with love. She sighed, she missed her family. She wanted to give Annie a hug and hear her babble about nothing yet everything.

"Hey flo flo, you got a letter?" Joe came in happily.

"Yeah you?" She smiled as he sat on the bed beside her.

"Yeah, my family sound well. How's yours, in your last letter you did send them our love didn't you?"

"Yeah, course I did. My mum sends you theirs as well. They are all well Chucky and Webs have Libby and Jules round their little fingers. But yeah they're all happy and just want me to stay safe" she softly smiled.

"So do we all" Joe said and put his arm around her shoulder.