Patrol

Florence looked at the river and made a face. Rowing across a river with a thin coat in the middle of winter and the middle of the night was not on her bucket list, but she had a job to do so she sighed and started making her way down the bank to wait by the boats. 

She looked out over the river to see the searchlights, brightening up the sky, the sight was almost peaceful reminding Flo of war-torn London and home however, she was brought out of her reverie when Martin gently pulled her along to the middle boat and almost pushed her in, making her glare at the man behind her, not that he could see her face. 

Once all the men had boarded their boats, they started to pull the rope silently along the river, until Flo heard a splash, she sighed and looked back to see Garcia flailing about in the water while Cobb who it looked like had wrangled his way out of another mission tried to help him, to Flo the situation was quite comical and she had to stuff her hand in her mouth to stop the giggles starting to come out. She looked back again to see Jones wave his hand to keep moving forward 'like we weren't gonna do that already' she rolled her eyes while Martin nodded back to him. 

Still staying silent, the boats arrived at the other side of the river, Flo quickly made her way up the bank and lay on her stomach next to Babe, her sharp green eyes watching for any sign of movement up ahead while they waited for Martin to cut the barbed wire. With the all-clear, the assault team started belly-crawling past the wire with bombs hanging over their heads, with Flo following at a close distance. 

She crouched up against the wall next to Webster as he was also a translator she figured she had better stay close to him. 

"Powers go, McClung go." she heard Martin say to the lads as they moved forward like cats, once the two had cleared the area, Martin moved up and whispered "In two's up", the first two made their way past Martin and then she and Webster headed up to take shelter behind a stone wall. Flo was hopeful that they would be able to grab and go since right now she was starting to feel the urge to cough, hopefully, the gunfire in a minute would give her the chance. 

Once they were all together again, Martin stated whispering " Powers, Wynn, secure the left flank, Lt, take Grant and Heffron secure the perimeter and the crossroads. Clear?" Jones nodded slightly dazed and started to move off, while Flo stared after him praying he remembered his training and wouldn't freeze, her mind drifting back to Blithe 'bloody hell that was a while ago' she said having a conversation in her head, until Webster patted her leg and they were moving again, Flo held tighter to her med satchel as she stood in a crouch to run forward with them. 

Moving carefullly, the group made their way to behind a staircase, noticing the movements of Martin she knew this was where they would try the snatch, she focused in on him preparing the firebomb to launch, he took a breath and fired it into the window, flinching when the glass broke Flo was late in her reactions to grab Jackson as he started going up the stairs before the bomb went off, she lunged forward to grab him but Web pulled her back and she watched in horror as Jackson flung a grenade into the window and started going towards the room. 

"Jackson. Wait" Martin started saying in an urgent tone as he tried to get to him in time, "Jackson, wait please!" Flo said her voice going higher as he walked into the room and right into the grenade blast. 

Flo broke free of Web's arms and ran up the stairs, immediately crouching down to Jackson and letting her boys come in and point their guns at the Germans. 

Jackson was badly injured, Flo immediately got to work pouring sulpha on his face and throat which was where the blast seemed to have really hit him, but in all the confusion she started to get distracted as Web couldn't seem to make the Jerrys understand they were being taken prisoner, so while she worked on Jackson, placing bandages around his throat and on his face she had one ear on Webs conversation, but she could mainly just hear Ramirez and Martin shouting at them to keep quiet.