Midnight Jaunt

She was sat in her foxhole with Skippy chatting happily about her return.

"Fizz, you need sleep, you've been through hell these past few days," he said concerned.

Before she could answer Tab and Lieb came over with coffee for Skip and tea for Flo. They settled into the foxhole and started discussing the events, "I can't believe you Fizz, we all try to keep you out of trouble" Lieb was smiling

"Thank God for Bull taking care of your head wound," Tab said studying her wound

"Yeah, I was lucky he was there," Flo said thinking back.

Then Tab said he had told one of his buddies in dog company that she was dead, her heart sank. 'Poor Ron' she thought.

That night when all of them asleep except the watch, Flo crawled out of her foxhole and crawled the mile journey to Dog company where thank goodness she spotted Speirs on watch a bit away from the men.

She whispered "Ron, its me Flo, I'm not dead"

He jumped and pointed his gun at the sound, but at her words he lowered his weapon, as she came closer they leaped at each other and held each other tightly while his hands caressed her face. She held onto his wrists and looked at him and smiled.

"Never do that to me again, I felt so empty and sick Florrie" he said softly

"I understand because I would have felt the same about you" she smiled and hugged him tightly.

"I'll walk you back Florrie" he said, "wait behind those trees there and I'll meet you in 5 minutes, I'll just switch the guard"

10 minutes later they were walking back with Flo's arm wrapped around Speirs' arm and Flo told him what had happened, "Your amazing you know" he smiled

As they neared the camp, he stopped her just before she would leave and said "You know we said no heroics"

"Yeah" she said slowly

"Well I don't think either of us can adhere to that rule" he smiled softly,
"I'll see you soon darling".

"I can't wait" she whispered then she crawled back to her foxhole and wrapped herself tighter in her coat and used Skinny as a pillow.

She was woken the next morning by Chuck shouting "2nd platoon lets go we're moving out"

She was pulled out of her foxhole by Chuck and she said groggily "Where we at Chucky?"

He laughed and said "we're moving to Veghel."

"Sounds lovely" she sighed

"Come on Fizz, lets have a silent sing song" Luz said putting an arm round her and mouthing words. Penk, Babe and Popeye started joining making her roll her eyes and laugh.

As they were walking Joe said "I think we're gonna have to find a different way into Germany"

Flo agreed with him.