Paris

"Florence how old are you?" one of the British soldiers asked her as she was bustling about.

"20, why? You worried I'm not trained Alan?" she smiled as his face went red.

"From what I've seen your definitely more than qualified, but what made you want to work at the front with the men and not with the nurses?"

Flo went and sat next to him sighing "I didn't set out to become a combat medic, I just went into the nurse corps and then the US war office for some reason chose me to go to America and serve in their army"

"Hmm and it seemed like to good an opportunity to pass up with all the war and everything" Alan seemed to say bitterly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Flo asked him softly, she didn't know what could have got him in such a mood.

"Well, they have enough men in America, why do they need a young girl as well?"

"It's my job and it's an honour to help people, don't worry about me. All the men have my back" she smiled.

He humphed, but nodded and settled down to sleep.

***
Flo was sat playing cards with Lieb and Bull. "Ha, a flush" she said smiling, but then Bull brought out a royal flush and she made a face "Ohh why do you always win?". Lieb and Bill started laughing as she waved goodbye to them smiling, she made her way over to Winters office, she missed him being in charge. It was like losing one of her boys, he wasn't around and she liked going to see him and talk.

She knocked on his attic office door and with a swift "Come in" she skipped up the stairs and said a quick "Hello sir" before sitting in the little window seat. It reminded her of home, sitting in her bedroom with a book in her cozy window looking at the village going about its daily life. She smiled sadly thinking she would never have that peace of mind again, not with all the things she had seen now. She was brought out of her thoughts when Winters asked "How are you and all the men Florence?"

"We're okay sir, we miss you being in command, but..." she left it at that, while he nodded, he knew there were plenty of terrible Co's and he was fighting to ensure that Easy wouldn't get one of them.

"What have you been up to? We can hear you tapping away up here" she smiled. He returned the small smile and replied "Writing a report of Operation Pegasus and when we were at the crossroads". She looked up surprised "But that happened ages ago, I can't believe your still writing about it". Winters rolled his eyes and said "Well I like to be thorough, I have to explain why injuries happened" he went a bit quieter then "and why deaths happened". Flo looked down and went back to the window, "How are all the new soldiers and brit men treating you?" Winters asked, he was still worried about his young medic, even though she wasn't his responsibility now, he still just wanted to be in charge of Easy. "They've been fine I guess, a couple of odd stares here and there and a few touches but the boys quickly put an end to any of that happening when they're around" she smiled. "What about when they're not around?" he asked tentatively, he knew some of what had gone on aFlo'sos home and some stuff at Toccoa but he didn't know everything and this concerned him, but it wasn't his place to know until she told him. "I always walk with one the boys sir, or I dont leave the aid station at night on my own, dont worry, I won't let it happen again," she said determinedly.
Winter nodded and went back to his paperwork while she sat there in peace and quiet for a while playing with her ring.

Nix came in, glanced at Flo and then said "Hey Fizzy, Dick, you finished your novel yet?" at this Flo had to smile. While Winters shook his head and they went on chatting, Flo was in a daydream, thinking about what had happened after she had been shot in the head,

Flashback
"Right Gene, I'm off to get some sleep, wake me if there's any issues" she called. She had been walking and suddenly had felt a hand pull her into an alley.
"The papers say your here for our entertainment, well if that's true so far it's only Easy company who have been enjoying that perk" said one of them. Then another one grabbed her waist saying "Come on Fizz" he said her nickname with disgust "It's just 3 men, I'm sure you've taken on more in a night". He then pushed her up against a wall and started to undo her OD's, it was then when he was distracted she managed to bite his hand that was over her mouth, she screamed for help jut they cut her off so quickly she thought no one had heard. She was struggling to get them off her, but with 3 against 1 she felt pretty stuck.

Then a shape appeared at the entrance to the alley, "What do you think you're doing?", she could have cried in relief, it was Speirs. The men immediately let her go and had to salute, "Vernon, Mcginty and Upward, go to the CP immediately and wait for me there". The 3 scuttled off, while Speirs went to Flo and asked what had happened. She just hugged him for a minute before she explained what had transpired, from the look on his face he looked murderous. "Ron its alright, they didn't manage to do anything" she tried to calm him, "Yes they did, they took advantage, and didn't respect you" he said in a dark voice. They stood in silence for a minute before he said "Come on then, I'll walk you back to barracks, but promise me Florrie that you will not walk on your own at night again". "I promise". She heard the next day the 3 had each been transferred to Able company against their will, when she say Speirs walking past her the next day he winked at her and she gave a small smile.
Flashback over

"Fizzy, Fizz, Fizz" Nix suddenly brought her out of her memories.
"Sorry Nix, what?" she said a bit embarrassed.
"Do you want tea or coffee?"
"Tea please," she said to Nix who then ordered the orderly to get the drinks. 

"Hows Lt Dike doing?" Nix said half to Dick but more to Flo who looked up with a grimace before she sighed. 

"Foxhole Norman you mean". Nix and Dick looked at each other while Dick put his head in his hands and sighed. "That bad?" Nix asked, while Flo stood up and said thanks to the orderly who had brought her tea. She stood sipping it, making the most of the smell that reminded her of home and her family. "It was Bill and Luz who came up with the nickname, Sir he doesn't do anything. It's our enlisted men that are keeping us going, please tell me your going to try and find us someone else" she almost begged Winters. 

"I wish i could Fizz, but i'm just the XO" he said in a sorry tone. Flo nodded and went to leave "Hey Fizzy enjoy Paris, and keep an eye on the boys" Nix smiled at her as she left. She gave a proper smile back and skipped down the stairs. Nix and Winters looked at each other and smiled. 

***

The train to Paris was the funniest journey of Flo's life, Luz was doing his impressions and Perco kept getting confused and saying the most random things and since Flo was starved of entertainment she was in stitches. The boys looked at her with huge smiles on thier faces, Flo deserved this break and it was amazing to see her smiling happily again. 

The first thing Flo did when they arrived Paris was sleep. When she woke up from her first proper sleep in months, the boys were ready to go out and explore. Flo put her uniform and cap on, she made her cap a bit jaunty, fixed her braids, then they were off. She gazed up at the Eiffell tower, pulling on Shiftys arm, "Shift isn't it beautiful?". She was in awe, "Yes Fizz it is beautiful, come on let's go up", he said like a school kid and Flo acting just as immature agreed. They boys shook their heads with smiles at their medics youthful antics, they were glad she at least remained somewhat young and hadnt grown up too quickly. 

Flo challenged Tab and Smokey to a race up to the top. Bill smiled and said "At your marks, get set, GO". They shot off, Tab was ahead to begin with but Smokey overtook half way through. But tby the time they were 2 flights from the top, Flo overtook both of them laughing as she past saying "Slow and steady wins the race lads". She stood at the top and gazed out at Paris and thought how much her family would love it here. She vowed to herself to bring them here once the war was over.

As her boys arrived at the top, they made Flo ask a man to take their picture "Bonjour Monsieur, pouvez-vous prendre une photo pour nous s'il vous plaît?" she asked politely. The man was happy to agree and they all leaned against the railings, arms all round each other smiling happily. Flo was sandwiched between Shifty and Skip and felt at peace with her band of brothers.