Home

No sooner was Christmas and New year over that they were now focused on their jump training. Flo was a bundle of nerves and excitement as they prepared to move to Fort Benning.

"Can you believe we're leaving Toccoa?" Flo exclaimed to Lip one morning as he was helping her move around some medical supplies while Gene was at briefing.

"Ahh, I don't think we're ever gonna really leave Toccoa fizz" Lip replied, "We will be using the skills we learned here for God knows how long this war lasts, and I don't think we will ever forget captain Sobel".

Flo shuddered "That man is gonna haunt my dreams till I'm 90 I swear". Lip laughed as Gene came in shaking his head.

"What's wrong Gene?"

"Col Sink has had the amazing idea of us beating the Japanese 100-mile march, so we the lucky 2nd battalion get to march from here to Atlanta, which is 118 miles in 3 days," Gene said with fake enthusiasm.

"At least we're prepared" Floss stated as Lip looked downcast.

From Toccoa to Atlanta her feet ached, she and Gene had played eye spy about 500 times by the time they reached Atlanta, the crowds were huge and photographers were snapping away.

"You alright Fizz?" asked Shifty as he smiled for the cameras

"Yeah" she whispered in a small voice

Soon the crowd noticed there was a young girl marching with them and to give the battalion publicity, Sink ordered her to pose for photos with Winters, Nix, and Sobel and give a small interview.

"What state are you from honey?" asked the reporter as he looked her up and down

"Oh, I'm not from America, I come from England" she smiled a small smile as she thought of home.

"Really, how did you wind up here then?" the reporter asked intrigued

"Erm, I was scouted by the US scouts over there when I was in the nurse corps and then I was put in easy company"

"Interesting, so did the men give you a good welcome?" he had a sinister smile on his face and Flo didn't like it.

"Erm, yeah they were all polite, is there a point to this?" Flo asked

"Hmm, that's all i'll be needing for now," The reporter said as he sauntered away

Then Bull came up to her, "I don't like that guy" Flo told him.

Bull pulled the cigar out his mouth "He looks right shady boy, gotta keep an eye on him".

At fort Benning, they did their jump training. Flo couldn't help but laugh as the men came tumbling out of the fake door.

Sobel was shouting "

You just broke both your legs, Private Gordon. Are you trying you get yourself killed?"

To which Flo whispered to Gene, "Like he's an expert"

They then did actual jumps, adrenaline coursed through Flo's veins as she jumped out of the plane, at first before she remembered to pull her chute, she was terrified but then suddenly she was floating, looking out over the world it was gorgeous.

She landed next to Dukeman and by the time they had got their parachutes under control and taken the clip off they were lying next to each other laughing hysterically.

Nix was the nearest to them and he came over and gave them a hand up, Floss spotted Muck as she stood up and ran over to him and tackled him to the ground, he let out a shrill scream