Rhyming Slang

It was now May 1944.

It had been a good few months for Easy. They had been working hard and preparing for the mission they knew was coming up

As they were on the truck moving to Uppottery Flo looked round at all her boys and suddenly felt emotional. She had only known them for 2 years? How was that possible, she knew everything about all of them. She knew she had to tell them,

"I would like you all to know that no matter what happens in this war, all of you, even you Skinny are my band of brothers and I love all of you," she said quietly and she sounded choked up to the men.

They all looked at each other and realise they felt the same about all the men serving with them.

"Your each of ours little sister Fizz and we all love you as well," Chucky said and with that, they all sat there chatting happily, in ignorant bliss about what was about to occur. 

When they arrived in Uppottery Buck told them to set up tents.

Flo helped set up her med tent with Gene before she made her way over to the others where Hoobler and a brit were having an interesting conversation.

Hoobler was going on about a luger and the brit was going "He's a bit Sheffield united innhe" he said shaking Hooblers hand and laughing.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Tab asked

"He means excited lads, no need to get so worked up" Flo stated laughing as all of them. They looked ready to beat up the tommys.

"Here you from England love?" the brit asked

"Yeah, I'm from East Sussex" she said smiling

"Eh, I thought you sounded a bit country, what brings you here to ding dong bell" he asked

"Ahh well couldn't leave all the fighting to you rob roys could i?" she laughed at all of easy's confused faces.

"I'll keep an ear to the ground and have a butchers over there for ya, keep these yanks in line for us love" he said laughing as he walked away.

"I will mate, have a good jump lads" she called out to his group

She turned back and they were all looking at her like she had grown 2 heads, even Nix looked confused and he was intelligence.

"It's just a bit of rhyming slang boys" she said laughing

"Go on then whats slang for please?" asked Bill

"Hairy knees" she laughed

"What about cigar?" asked Bull

"Lah-di-dah" and with Bill's face she bent over double

"So those brits are saying i'm smoking a lah-di bloody dah" Bull said with an affronted look.

"No they are saying you're having a laugh and a joke" and with that she skipped off to practice last minute medic manovers with Gene.

The next day they were all sat in a briefing with Nix going over every detail

"Ste. Marie du Mont. Causeway #1, Causeway #2. The ultimate field problem. The estuary of the Douve River divides two beacheads - codenamed Utah, here, and Omaha, here. Seabourne infantry will hit these beaches in force at a date and time to be specified. H-Hour, D-Day. Airborne's objective, gentlemen, is to take the town of  Caretan (Nix said in a poor french accent), or Carentan, thus linking Utah and Omaha into a single continuous beachhead."

She looked at Gene with an unreadable expression on her face, he gently took her hand in his as their new CO continued the briefing. "Thus linking Omaha and Utah into one continuous beachhead. Each trooper will learn this operation by heart and know his and every other outfit's mission to the detail."