The Jewel

"Get your bikini on Hilton" was the shout that followed Florence as she walked to the tent that held Gene writing a letter.

'You would think after 3 years those men would learn that not one of them is attractive to me' Flo sighed while flopping into her chair and propping her feet on a box, Gene laughed and passed her a steaming cup of tea with real sugar - the most luxury she'd had since the start of the war.

'Not often we see you in your pt gear Flo' Gene smiled suggestively, 'Dressing up for a certain Lt?'

Flo sighed 'Dr Roe what are you insinuating?', she chuckled as was expected of her but the chuckle morphed into a frown. It had been 2 months since she found out her brother had been killed while trying to escape his pow camp, her mother was now writing daily to ensure her safety and beg her to return home after the war ended - which Flo knew would be soon. She almost guiltily wished it wouldn't end...decisions have to be made at the end.

'Fizz?' Gene asked tentatively, he could see she was thinking a lot, more than usual, there was something...desperate about the operations they did now. Flo put her all into it like they were still getting shelled every hour, while everyone else had let their hair down and relaxed.

He was about to continue when a call came through the open door 'We're moving out!'. Looking to Gene she shrugged her shoulders and stood up to follow the men running toward the tanks, re-plaiting her hair as she goes.

'Hey Doc!' Lieb comes running up behind him, 'Find out what's wrong with her yet?' he asks while Gene shakes his head 'Her brother died dumbass' he mutters while Lieb rolls his eyes 'There's something else and you know it' he fired back as they watched after the girl.

***
Boom

The noise made a ringing in Florence's ear as they tried to break through the wall blocking the road, Flo lay back tanning her face on the bonnet of the truck while the officers around her argued about the French getting the eagles nest.

"If you're looking for another way up that mountain, easy company is ready and willing" Spiers says as he comes up to where Winters and Nix were leaning against the truck, 'Duly noted, I already recommended you to Col. Sink' Winters replied making Flo smile a little - Easy were still his favourite.

Speak of the devil Col. Sink pulled up

'Gents, I just had a conversation with General Leclerc.He said he was first into Paris...and by God he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden. Told him I understood his point. You f*re up 2nd battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch.'. At the end of Sinks speech the officers were smiling and Winters immediately stepped into action.

'I want easy to lead' - of course.

An hour later Flo found herself wandering through the deserted town with surprisingly a gun resting in her arms - now they were in Hitlers inner sanctum the men wanted her to have her own protection.

Flo was in her own head dandering down alongside Grant who kept a close eye on their girl as they came across a grand building that was obviously a well used Nazi meeting point due to the disgusting flags draped all over it.

The building was beautiful, as was the whole town to be fair, the car the held the officers stopped in front of the building and men started moving in. Flo went and leaned against the warm stone of the building, she would know soon enough what was going on, Grant leaned against the stone with her and she sighed 'Are you the one they've assigned to watch me?' She asked and gave a small smile as he fidgeted and looked anywhere but at her 'We're only worried fizz' he muttered. Flo inclined her head and patted his arm 'I know Chuck, I know but don't worry, I'm fine'.