Falling at his feet

"Florrie?" he asked

She just broke down when she saw him, slinked to the floor in his arms and said "Ron I'm so tired, but they need me"

Speirs shook his head and whispered, "Not as this moment they don't, come on, your coming with me". Then he picked her up bridal style and took her to his room.

On their way they passed Winters and Nix discussing something, Winters flew out the room, "She okay Ron?" he whispered concerned

"I'm fine sir, honestly, I can walk as well" she said glaring at Speirs

"Then why did you collapse? she's fine Dick, I'm just taking her to the beds at the back of the house where she can have some proper sleep"

"Perfect, thanks Ron, at least someone can tell her" Nix laughed as the 2 walked back into their room.

"You can sleep here till morning, we don't have orders to be up till 7, that gives you a good 8 hours" he whispered smoothing her hair.

"How come you have much comfier beds than us" she whispered back snuggling into a pillow

"I don't know, we don't deserve them," he said then kissed her on the forehead softly and turned to walk out.

"Ronnie, I think you forgot something" she whispered as a small smile appeared on her face with her eyes closed, "No heroics"

He laughed quietly and whispered back "No heroics" and took her pinky in his to promise

Then he left to go back on guard duty.

7 hours later she woke up feeling better than she had done in ages. First thing she saw was Ron asleep on the sofa in the room, as she watched him sleep she felt peaceful. As she tried to sit up she had to fall back down as her concussion was still attacking her, she couldn't wake up without a headache these days.

 She knew she had to get back to her barracks, so she kissed the man she loved on the cheek and heard him whisper "bye florrie" to her before he started snoring again. She giggled and steadied herself by holding onto the back of the sofa, then Flo put on her boots, picked up her helmet and coat and walked out into the Dutch sunshine.