Endurance

"I'm gonna say something"

"To who?"

Flo could hear Bull and perco talking behind her in their 12 mile walk formation

"Lt Winters"

"What is it?"

"Permission to speak freely sir?"

"Granted"

"Well sir, there are 6 company's, and easy companies the only one walking 12 miles on a Friday night"

"What's your point Bull?"

"Lt Sobel hates us sir"

"Lt Sobel does not hate easy company Pvt Randleman, he just hates you"

Floss tried to stifle her laugh but soon it rang out across the 3 platoons and they were glad their designated sister was finally allowed to laugh.

"Yes sir" replied Bull

"He hates Floss the most though" laughed Joe as he put an arm round her

"He hates you to Joe" yelled luz

And soon everyone was laughing, relieving the tension.

Next to her christenson looked like he was about to faint, he was pale and swaying on his feet.

"Chris, drink some water from my canteen, then i will get the blame and you won't faint and need to be put in the med bay" Flo said gently

"Fizz, I can't let you do that, you know how hard he is on you"

"I don't care about him I care about all of you, now drink some bloody water"

He did as he was told.

With 6 miles still left of the march, Floss decided the boys needed cheering up. She had been trying to teach them songs from home.

Flashback

"How come you have so many war songs?" Muck complained

"Maybe because we've been in the war for 3 years already"

"Oh yeah"

"Right now again, let's do blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover"

End of flashback

She had taught them all the words to blue birds and soon the company was in high spirits again after a good singalong. 

"Lt. Winters, I want canteens out,
caps unscrewed."

"Canteens out and open."

"They will pour the contents
onto the ground."

"You will upend your canteen."

- "Now, lieutenant."
- "Pour them!"

"Well, well,well Hilton, it seemed you directly disobeyed orders again, any excuse?"

"I was thirsty sir"

With her sarcastic comment, half the company had to stifle thier laughter. Sobel looked like her could murder her right on the spot.

"You will repeat all 12 miles of the march without drinking from your canteen and if you do, you will be dismissed from the army"

"Yes, sir"

Flo got about 5 minutes into her walk before Christenson, Winters, Nix, Guarnere, Malark and Joe joined her. 

"What are you doing, i did it so Chris wouldnt get punished"