0.

Sirens,

Sirens,

agonising yells,

cries of hope,

orders from higher ups.

A mass murder.

Vicious monsters.

Ruthless and heartless.

NCT.

The name was known, they made sure of it.

It was sudden, no reason. Even NCT themselves barely had a reason, it being anger. They let out their anger with a sudden killing.

One month. One month since someone's death. They wanted revenge, but on who? They were angry, heartbroken, hurt - and they let it out by killing.

"Donghee?" A voice called. Turning around, the female was met by her supervisor. She was on work placements at the hospital, getting an understanding of what was expected when working.

"Oh Miss Song. Sorry I was just..distracted." The younger spoke.
"Remember, a nurse mustn't zone out at work. I know it must've been hard to witness all of..that." Miss Song spoke sadly. Miss Song was one of the main nurses in charge of aiding patients that were injured from the site. Because of that, Donghee had to be there too.

"Oh uh..it's okay honestly. It comes with the job..there's no avoiding it." Donghee answered. Her heart felt heavy all of a sudden. It was painful - very.

Miss Song gently placed a hand on Donghee's shoulder, patting it softly. "Let's move on, shall we? I have more things to take you through."

With that, the rest of the day was spent with Donghee training in the hospital. Donghee worked hard while Miss Song monitored and worked beside her.

"You're an idiot. Your sister could've seen you, and then what? What are you gonna do the moment your sister finds out?" Mark grips tightly onto Donghyuck's shoulders, violently staring into his eyes.
"She's never gonna know, we're NCT, we never get caught." Donghyuck brushed Mark's hands off, eyes wandering off to the ground.
"Lee Donghyuck!! Take this seriously! She's your sister!" Mark yelled.

It was always like this. Ever since Donghyuck and Donghee met again at a convenience store, the same conversation happened between the two males.

Mark met Donghee multiple times before, she grew to be like his sister too. Donghyuck was always reckless and since the death, he became more and more reckless.

"Get yourself together will you? She's dead. She was like your sister too. You already lost your sister figure, so try not to lose your biological sister too will you?" Mark growled lowly.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes, walking away from the older without uttering a single word. Mark's eyes followed the younger's figure. He watched as Donghyuck's shoulder slumped and as his head dropped low.

Mark grabbed his phone from his back pocket, dialing in a familiar phone number.

"Are you off placements yet?" Mark listened intently as the younger ranted about her day.
"Wait outside, I'm picking you up, there's something I need to discuss with you."

HEYYYYY

HEYYYYY

yo im actually so excited for this :))
it took me five days to like rewrite the 26 chapters that I already had up AND IM SO EXCITEDDD
i love this version of the book than the original, so glad I decided to rewrite everything