32.

Last night after Mark returned from the hospital, he secretly snuck the polygraph machine into his car. And as the morning came again, Mark was on his way to Yuri's house. Now, Yuri sat on one side of the desk hooked up to the polygraph machine while Mark sat on the other side.

"If you lie, you need to tell me everything, got it?"
"There's nothing to tell you if she died." Yuri deadpanned. Mark didn't reply to the female and only nodded his head.

And so, the polygraph test began.

"What's your name and occupation?"
"Jeong Yuri, I'm a nurse and surgeon." Mark nodded his head. It was clear that she wasn't lying about that.

Mark took in a deep breath and asked, "Is Shin Hwayoung, alive?"
"No, Shin Hwayoung died just over a year ago during the surgery." When seeing the small line form, Mark realised that he was delusional. Yuri was telling the truth.

Of course, there was no way that Hwayoung could've been alive. "See? I told you already Mark, she isn't here anymore." Mark didn't even want to respond. He didn't have the energy to respond anymore. His hopes were so high that maybe his friend was still out there. But she wasn't.

. . .

Donghee sat alone in the living room with her music playing loud. She couldn't hear any other sound around her other than the song filling her ears - For Days by Rini.

She hummed quietly to the song while scrolling through her phone. If she had to be honest, she was quite bored without Mark or Jaemin to keep her company. Donghee let out a soft sigh, turning off her phone. It was lonely.

She closed her eyes and focused on her slow breaths and the lyrics that were sung. The soft sounds and gentle voice - it was so relaxing.

I'm telling you honestly

I want you all the time

I love to hear that you're mine

It didn't even cross the female's mind when the door opened.

Wanna give myself to you

But can you promise me you'll stay?

Don't wanna be here on my own

You know it's driving me insane

The quiet footsteps that approached the couch, creeping up behind the resting female that laid on the couch.

For days

Couldn't stop thinking of you

And all the thing that I would do

If you want, I can sh-

A pair of hands placed themselves on Donghee's shoulders from above. From the sudden contact, she jolted up from the couch with wide eyes and a fast beating heart.

It was only reflex for her to punch the other in the chest. After the other male fell down onto the couch, Donghee had realised who it was in front of her.

"Jaemin! What the fuck- are you okay? I'm so sorry!" In panic, she helped the male up and sat him up on the couch.

"I thought you had a mission?" Tired and in pain, Jaemin replied while gripping his chest, "Let's say there was a change of plans."