41.

Donghee took a taxi back to the apartment where Jaemin waited for her

Donghee took a taxi back to the apartment where Jaemin waited for her. But due to Donghee's early leave from work, Jaemin didn't expect her to be back so early. In fact, he had just gotten out of the shower and was walking back to his room.

The both of them froze in their stances when seeing each other unexpectedly. Donghee stood with her mouth agape while Jaemin covered his bare chest. "I've seen you naked before y'know, I just didn't think this would be the first thing I see." Donghee shrugged her shoulders and walked away to her room.

"Why are you back so early? Don't you finish at 7? Why are you here?" Jaemin walked over to Donghee and accompanied the female to her room.

"There was an attack and Miss Nam was taken away by Miss Song."
"Aha! I was right, she couldn't be trusted!" Donghee ignored his words and kept talking.

"Mark said that Sicheng is tracking down their location but there's no updates yet. The electricity went out which means that the cameras shut off so there's no use in checking the hospital cameras for a sense of direction or anything."

Donghee placed her bag down at her desk, plopping herself down onto the chair at her table. "What if we don't find her? What am I meant to do then? What if, what she dies because of me? Am I meant to forgive myself after that?"
"Donghee stop stressing so much. I get that you're worried for her but just hope for the best. Now, I need to go put on some clothes and I'll be right back."

Within minutes, Jaemin returned to her room fully clothed and sat himself down on her bed. "Ok now, Sicheng is a great guy, amazing hacker. I'm sure he'll get a lead by the end of today or early tomorrow. Let's do something and get your mind off of everything, c'mon." Jaemin stood up from the bed and walked over to Donghee.

"And what is there to do?" Donghee asked the question genuinely, but Jaemin took it as a joke. The moment the words left the female's lips, Jaemin smirked at her and raised a brow at her.

"No!" Donghee knew exactly what he meant and slapped his arm. The male chuckled at her reaction and thought it'd be a fun idea to sit on her lap.

"AH! You fatass get off me! Why are you so bony you flat bitch!" Donghee threw her head back and tried to push Jaemin off. But it didn't work. "Hey, I have an ass..it's small but it's there!"
"Yeah? Say that to the bone that's poking my fucking thigh." And alas, Donghee successfully pushed Jaemin off.

With a loud thud, Jaemin fell onto the carpet while groaning in pain. "Alright, that's it." Jaemin pushed himself up onto his feet and immediately, Donghee knew what he was going to do.

She jumped out of her chair and ran to the door for an escape. But unfortunately for her, Jaemin was much faster.

He ran up to Donghee from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up into the air. The caught female let out a loud shriek as she was lifted up from the ground. "Jaemin! Put me down!" She laughed loudly. But Jaemin didn't listen to a word.

Instead, he carried her over his shoulder and walked to the balcony. He slid the door open and stood out in the cool breeze. Jaemin put Donghee down and pulled her into a hug, holding her tight.

"How could you do that to me? You're so evil." Jaemin squeezed onto her tighter and swayed her from side to side. Donghee said nothing, only laughing at his attitude. She pushed herself away from the male and leaned on the glass. She overlooked the city under the setting sun.

"Y'know, this is random but you wanna know what my old code name was?" Jaemin asked as he stood beside her, also leaning against the railing. "Old? You guys changed it?"
"Taeyong changed everything after Hwayoung died. I don't know why but, he wanted to start anew. He's lost a lot of people, more than you could ever imagine."
"Then tell me about the old code names." Donghee turned to her side, leaning one arm against the rail but her other arm sat beside her body.

Turning to meet Jaemin's eyes, his face was kissed with the colours of the setting sun. The beautiful golden hues that glowed off his face. She was impressed by his beauty - that was for sure.

"Don't, don't laugh. We were all young and came up with our own names so we all had really stupid ones. We'd even play rock paper scissors and the loser would get their name chosen."
"Get to the point.." Donghee was highly anticipating his response. From what he was saying, she was sure it was something embarrassing. 

"Nana, I used to be Nana.." Hearing that, Donghee burst out into laughter. She held onto her stomach, tears forming in her eyes. "You- YOU WERE CALLED NANA!!? HAHA!" This news was hysterical to her.

"Hey! I said don't laugh!" Jaemin pouted at her laughter and turned away, diverting his eyes back to the city lights. "Wait- wait AHAHAH! I'm sorry this- this is too funny! What were the other names?" Donghee slowly stopped laughing and wiped her tears away.

"Oh! Taeyong hyung lost a bet against Johnny hyung and so Johnny named his Bubu." And yet again, Donghee burst into laughter. She couldn't imagine the fierce and scary leader being named Bubu.

"Xiaojun hyung lost a bet against...Chenle? No, Renjun. Wait..Xiaojun lost rock paper scissors to Chenle and get named eyebrows." Jaemin remembered the shocked face on Xiaojun's face when he had heard that name for the first time.

Donghee was very much dying at this point. She was crouched on the ground laughing her head off. Minutes passed and Donghee finally calmed down. She stood back up and threw her arm around Jaemin's shoulder.

"You guys are funny."
"Shut up."
"I'm gonna call you nana from now on."

8pre written chapter*

hey baos! i just got off work and I just wanna say that I know I haven't been updating recently. But I've been so busy with work and school, and it's so hard to find time of my day when I'm this tired. hopefully I can still get some chapters written but I hope you guys understand !

sorry again 😢