51.

"Mum!!!" Donghee ran to her mother with open arms

"Mum!!!" Donghee ran to her mother with open arms. She snuggled her face into her mother's neck.

"You've grown so beautifully, dear." Sundae pulled away from the hug, admiring her daughter's beauty and the woman she's become.

Both hands were on Donghee's shoulders on either side. Sunhee's bittersweet expression saddened Donghee. "Mum, why'd you leave so soon?" Donghee said quietly.

"Oh sweetie, there are things that aren't in my control."

"But you could control it. You're the one who acted upon your death! Mum..do you know how painful it's been without you? It's like everyday I'm living in fear and torment." Donghee's eyes swelled with tears.

Sunhee felt bad for leaving her daughter alone with her husband at such a young age. It killed her everyday knowing she was filled with guilt. That strong feeling of guilt always found a way to come back and try to eat her alive.

"I know, but I'm so proud of you for getting through it all. Look at you sweetie, you're all grown and I'm so proud of you. I know I wasn't there a lot, and I'm sorry. But you grew beautifully, Donghee. I'm so happy I can call you my daughter." 

Sunhee caressed Donghee's face gently. Words couldn't properly explain how dreadful it was only being able to watch Donghee grow and not be apart of it. She couldn't even describe how much it killed her to only be able to watch Donghee be miserable about her life and not be able to comfort her.

"Please forgive me, Donghee."
"I forgive you mum. I just..I missed you."

It hurt Donghee's heart. Knowing she was never going to see her mother again after this. Knowing she'd never be able to be held in her embrace again. All she had was memories of her warmth and embrace. Nothing else.

Jihyeon emerged from the shadows behind the mother and daughter.

"We're both proud of you, Donghee." Seeing the older woman, Donghee ran to her. She wrapped her arms around Jihyeon's neck into a tight hug.

"Jihyeon! Why didn't you tell me?!" Donghee was sobbing at this point. Her heart was breaking even more as seconds passed. Tears didn't stop rolling down her face.

"I..I could've found a way..to help..you.." Donghee cried.

"It was too late for me, Hee." Jihyeon patted Donghee's back softly. "It's been a month Donghee. You should start to enjoy your life. You're in another country now, enjoy it."

But how could she enjoy it? How could she enjoy anything knowing the two people she loved most and admired were gone?

"How can I not be sad? You're both gone now.." Donghee looked at the two older females who stood side by side. "Yes but, we'll always be here." Sunhee put her hand. over Donghee's chest.