19.

"An explanation please?" Donghee turned to Mark when she saw it was a red light

She sat in the passenger seat of Mark's, freshly painted, Chevrolet Corvette C8. The car that he had been waiting to be fixed. Her heart was beating as fast as the car was on it's wheels.

"They found you. They found that you were at Jeno's and they were gonna kidnap you. I had to panic explain everything to Taeyong, which he finally let. He understands what it's like, having someone you care be in grave danger. I know he didn't want to, but he kinda doesn't have a choice." Mark explained. His eyes were yet again focused on the road when the light flicked green.

"Wow, isn't that just so lovely? I'm gonna die Mark, I think I'm gonna die by the end of the year." Donghee slumped in her seat.
"Donghee it's October, I doubt you're dying that soon."
"Oh but you think I will die, thanks dude." The younger whined in her seat.
"Calm down, no one, I mean no one, is hurting you." Mark ruffled her hair with his free hand.

. . .

"What the fuck are you doing here? Donghyuck stood in the middle of the living room when he saw his sister walk in behind Mark.

"Taeyong is allowing her to stay until her safety is guaranteed." Out of utter frustration, the male threw his head back with a loud groan.

"I just can't get away, can I?" Despite him speaking to no one specifically, Donghee was able to hear his words loud and clear.

She reached for Mark's shirt, gently tugging on it to get his attention. "Where's the bathroom? I need to pee.." Donghee squeezed her legs together, hoping he'd believe the act she was putting up.
"Upstairs, second left."

Mark took the backpack from her hands, letting her walk off - not even noticing the tears that began to form as she walked away. She walked up the stairs and into the second door. Immediately, she locked the door and walked to the sink.

She stood over the sink with her hands gripped onto either side of the table. As the tears came flowing out her eyes, she raised a hand to her mouth; shutting out the sound of her cries. It hurt. Her heart hurt.

Tears were flowing out of her eyes non stop. She bit onto her lip, holding back the urge to let out a painful scream.

Why are you crying?

You don't deserve to cry

Stop crying

You're such a cry baby

This is why he hates you, everyone hates you

Daehyun was right - you're weak.

"no..no please.." the crying girl crouched to the ground. She brought both hands up to either ear, pressing hard as if it made the voices go away. She hung out head low. Her tears were falling onto her sweatpants. It never stopped.

"Donghee!! Donghee open the door!!" It was Mark. He repeatedly banged on the door. He yelled her name multiple times, banging on the door. "Donghee, please!!"

He doesn't love you either

It's an act

He hates you

He only deals with you because your real brother can't

No one loved you - not your father, not your brother, not your mother, and notMark

You're impossible to love.

"stop it..make it stop.." Her hands pressed onto her ears even more firm than before. She squeezed her eyes shut tight.

"Donghee please!! Open the door!!" She couldn't. She couldn't feel herself to move or stand up straight. Other than Mark's continuous calls, she heard another muffled voice.

"What happened?"
"Donghyuck is a shit brother, that's what. I need you to open the door, I have a certain male I need to take care of." The younger didn't need a detailed story to piece together what happened.

When Mark walked down the hallway and into Donghyuck's room, Jaemin turned to the bathroom door. He took a deep breath before taking actions. Raising his foot, he forcefully kicked the door in the area of the lock - successfully opening it.

Inside crouched a crying and heartbroken female. He didn't need another second to think about his actions. He kneeled down beside her, pulling her into his arms and resting her head against his chest.

"It's okay baby, you can cry.." his words were quiet but it had full affect on her. Her cries only became stronger when he slowly caressed the back of her head.

"it..it hurts.." she placed her hand over her heart, tapping it lightly.
"I know it hurts, it's okay to hurt." He pulled her closer into the hug, gently swaying her back and forth.

"Hey baby, look at me, look at me baby." He moved his face away, hoping she'd look at him but she didn't. She only shook her head before digging her face closer to his chest.

He said nothing in return. He only stayed in his spot and comforted her to his best ability. "C'mon baby, let's go outside for a moment, okay?" She nodded her head.

Very slowly, Jaemin helped the younger stand up from the ground. He took her hand and helped her make her way down the stairs. He led her to the glass doors that led outside to the garden.

"It's no balcony but it's still under the night sky. Don't think I haven't noticed how often you stay outside." Jaemin wrapped both arms around her waist from behind. He swayed the both of them side by side under the moonlight.

"It hurts..hurts to know that I'm not wanted.." Donghee sniffled as she wiped her tears, "i'm so weak and I can't even handle a simple comment. It's so stupid and pathetic and-"
"It's not pathetic baby, it's normal. You remember what you said to me? It's only pathetic if you let yourself think that way. Stop looking down on yourself and you won't think that way."

He turned the younger around, placing both hands on her shoulders. "I believe in you and I know you can be strong. If you can help me, then I can help you."

🥺🥺i wanna give my girl a hug