34.

As time slowly passed, Donghee found herself sitting in Taeyong's office in the chair facing across from his

"Donghee," He started, "I have a proposition for you. You can be given a position in NCT and we will give you all the required information for your safety. How does that sound?"

How did that sound? It sounded terrifying - like an absolute nightmare.

"We'll even pay for your school fees when needed." And that's what got Donghee tied. She was in need of money but there was no place that had a good pay for her.

"But my question is why? Why so suddenly? Why do you want me in NCT?"
"There more you ask questions the more I want to cancel the offer." Taeyong spoke in a cold tone while raising a brow.

As much as Donghee wanted to let out a sigh, she was too afraid to do so.

"Fine, I just want to do something good. If you do choose to join us, you'll be given everything you need. The only place where you come in hand is in aiding any members."
"But there's more, isn't there? You want something else from me." Frustrated - that's what Taeyong felt.

He wanted their small meeting to be quick and easy. But Donghee was too smart for that. She could oversee all of his words and look at what he really wanted deep down.

"I need every bit of information you have on two people at your hospital. I also need you to kill someone in the hospital. Your supervisor, Song Yeonhee- I need her dead. You may or may not know, she's only been in the hospital for just over a year. She used to work for NCT as well as an undercover waitress in Cross District. But then I found out she'd been selling our information to people like your father- and no, Haechan doesn't know yet."

Taeyong stopped his speaking and glanced up at Donghee who just sat silently. She fiddled with her fingers, unknown of how to feel about the situation.

"So? Will you join hands with NCT?"

"I..I'll join."

. . . .

"Lee Donghee, the newest addition to the team." Taeyong sat at the end of the table in the meeting room with Donghee sitting in the closest seat beside him. All the members had their eyes glued onto Donghee's slumped figure.

"Isn't it funny that you're accepting her today of all days?" A voice spoke up - it was Renjun. He lifted his head from the table and across to Taeyong who said nothing.

"He can accept her any day he wants to, plus, she's our teammate now so don't go blaming her for things, Renjun." What shocked the scared female was the fact that it was her own brother that was saying those words.

"Thank you, Donghyuck. Ten you will give Donghee her tattoo tomorrow after she comes back from work. Jaehyun and I will be in charge of your combat training, Donghyuck will teach you all you need to know about bombs and Renjun will teach you how to hack. Is that understood?"
"Yes." Donghee muttered out quietly.

"This meeting is dismissed." With that, everyone began to leave the room with only Donghee remaining. "Why are you still here?" Taeyong asked, raising a brow at the female who sat still.

"Why me? Why do I have to be the one that kills Song Yeonhee? You have Mark who often visits the hospital to pick me up, so why me?" Donghee looked up from her hands in her lap and looked across to Taeyong.

Taeyong however, didn't look at Donghee in her eyes - he simply didn't want to. "Lee Taeyong look at me." Taken aback by the sudden tone, he looked at Donghee in shock.

"How da-"
"Is it because I know nothing and you think it'd be easy for me? Or are you scared that you'll be too vulnerable when you face her again and that you'll break down when you see those files?" Taeyong was at loss for words.

Every time that they had met, Donghee was too afraid to even look into his eyes. But now..she was acting completely different.

Taeyong pushed his chair back and stood up, slamming a hand on the table. Out of impulse, he pulled out a gun from his back pocket and pointed it directly at Donghee's forehead. But the female didn't flinch a single bit. In fact, she walked towards him.

"We both already signed the contract, you've guaranteed me safety." Donghee smirked, taking the gun out of his hand and placing it down on the table. Taeyong froze in his spot, eyes completely shaking out of anger.

"Don't mess with me, Lee Donghee. If you want something, then say it." Taeyong was absolutely infuriated. His hands were balled into fists and his brows were furrowed.

"I want to know my father's location, that's it."
"Very well." Taeyong took in a deep breath and held his hand out to shake Donghee's hand. Without a second thought, Donghee shook his hand.

Now, they both felt nearly more powerful than ever.

heh we're getting somewhere

i promise there'll be more drama
ayo this book is kinda boring tho aye💀💀

ok mini rant
mute- great plot but the grammar and writing just sucked ass😭😭
bandage- writing is eh plot line is eh but it's not executed well😭
pls I hate this