36.

Days passed since Donghee signed the contract with Taeyong

Days passed since Donghee signed the contract with Taeyong. Donghee got her NCT tattoo on her lower back on the left side.

Today, Taeyong called her into his office for something urgent. When she walked inside, Taeil was sitting in one of the seats across from Taeyong's table. The female assumed that it was about her upcoming training. But it wasn't - it was far more important than that.

"Taeil found a trace of your father in Star Cross district, he's on his way towards Neo City." Taeyong nodded his head at Taeil, indicating that it was now his turn to speak.

"Lee Daehyun, black hyundai i30, car registration 3964. There was someone in the car with him but I checked the next camera and then there wasn't anyone in there- meaning that person left in between the areas there are no cameras. Your father also booked 5 nights at a motel on 34 Titania Street Neo City. It's on the outside of the city."

"I also checked his recent phone calls and I wrote them down on a paper for you. Only one phone number had an actual ID, Song Yeonhee. I looked into all the phone numbers and wrote down the ID of those phone numbers. I printed off those people's phone numbers so I'll give you those papers and photos of your dad's car later."

(the registration number is literally random numbers so like..ye)

Donghee was more than shocked by how much Taeil had done for her. Of course it was probably by Taeyong's order but still, it was shocking to her. Donghee took all the papers from Taeil and placed them in her lap, not forgetting to thank him for his efforts.

"Well then, what would you like to do now? You found your father and where he's headed, what now?" Taeyong asked. But Donghee didn't know what to say.

She wasn't even sure what she wanted to do now. It was safe to say that she wanted her father gone, but was it too early to take him down? Or maybe she was dreaming too big? Maybe it was impossible to get rid of him.

"Donghee?" Taeyong called her name again. She blinked her eyes a few times and looked up at Taeyong puzzled.

"Oh right..uhm..what about Blood Thorn? Would there be any way for me to get into contact with them without my father knowing?" Taeyong turned to Taeil, genuinely unsure if there was any way for her to do that.

"Well..we can get Ten to send them something like a deactivated bomb, posing it as a threat when in reality it's a message from you. I'm not sure if your dad would be oblivious or not though."
"Could we give it a try?"
"Taeyong?" Taeil called the other's name, turning his head and Donghee's head to Taeyong's direction.

"If Ten can't do it, we'll get either Yuta or your brother to do it instead."

. . 1 hour later . .

With Ten being busy with his own personal affairs, Taeyong left Donghee with her brother to help her send a deactivated bomb to Blood Thorn. The siblings hadn't spoken a word to each other during the 30 minutes they'd been working together.