9.

Donghee inserted the key to her apartment, opening the door and taking off her shoes

Donghee inserted the key to her apartment, opening the door and taking off her shoes. After she took a few steps into her apartment, she couldn't help but see the mess that was made.

Her couch was shredded. Pots and pans were smashed everywhere in the kitchen. Lights were shattered. A painting was ripped and thrown to the ground. Her TV was smashed. Everything was in ruins.

"Mum.." Donghee immediately ran into her room, not caring about the small shards of glass that stabbed her foot.

She opened the door of her room to see curtains and bed sheets ripped. Her clothes remained all remained in one piece but they were thrown on the floor.

She rushed over to her wardrobe, kneeling down in front of it and scrambling clothes out the way. She took ahold of a small cardboard box at the very back of the wardrobe.

It seems fine..

Donghee opened the box and examined all the objects inside. Untouched. The box was untouched and that was all that mattered. Donghee looked around her room, processing the fact that everything was ruined.

Donghee took out her phone from her jacket pocket, typing in Mark's number and writing him a message. She was aware that he was on a motorcycle and wouldn't see her message until after he arrived home.

me
markus
can u uh
pick me up?
kinda in a situation and dont hv a place to live
... lol

markerina markus
ayo .. what ...?

me
bitch is u not driving rn tf

markerina markus
nah i stopped by the store to buy some snacks
im nearby tho
il come now?

me
its ok take ur time <3

markerina markus
nah algs bro😎😎
i was putting on my helmet, im done
ill come now

me
thank uu xx

. . .

Minutes passed and Donghee could hear the door open. She got onto her feet and rushed to the door. There she saw Mark standing still. He looked around at her apartment in shock, not uttering a single word.

"I need a place to stay?" Donghee said quietly.
"Dude..Taeyong is not letting you stay. There's no way he'd let you. I- I can negotiate with one of the dreamies, most of them have their own separate apartment thing. I don't know though.." Mark walked around all the shards of glass, making his way to Donghee. The both of them made their way to Donghee's bedroom.

Mark took a duffle bag from Donghee's cupboard. He began to take most her clothes, folding them neatly into her bag.

"As long I have somewhere to sleep, I really don't care where it is." Donghee crouched down beside him, helping him pack her clothes.

"What about the box? Is it one piece?" Mark asked.
"Yup, completely untouched." Donghee said with a smile of relief.
"Hee, give me the box." Mark outstretched a hand. Donghee wasn't sure why he wanted it, but she handed it over to him.

"I assume it has something to do with your dad now that he's back. They might've known how much it means to you, left it untouched, but put a tracker on it. It's always the things you love most that they use against you." Mark examined the box - both inside and out. Donghee watched him look all around the box.

"It's fine, your box is fine." Mark placed the box down inside the duffle bag. He zipped up the bag, placing the strap over his shoulder. "Is that everything you need?"
"Let me just pack some uni papers into my bag and that's it. Oh wait can you get some pads for me? They're in the top left drawer under the sink in the bathroom." At the order, Mark placed the bag down and walked outside her room.

While Mark did that for her, Donghee took a pile of papers, gently stuffing them into her work bag. She reorganized her bag that had her charger, laptop, glasses, and all her daily essentials.

"I'll put them in the duffle?" Mark walked back into the room with a handful of unopened bag of pads. Donghee nodded her head, zipping up her bag and putting it behind her back.

"And I'm set." Donghee smiled sadly, eyes wandering around her room yet again.

. . .

After a rough ride to the mansion, Mark stood in front of Donghee who remained on the motorcycle. "I'm gonna get Jisung to come out and stay with you while I talk to Taeyong. If Taeyong says no, I'll talk to one of the Dreamies. If they say no then I promise I'll find a way." Mark pat her head softly.

The moment Mark walked into the mansion, was the same moment Jisung walked out. He was tense and awkward around the older. He almost looked scared of her.

"I'm not that scary, you don't have to look so afraid." Donghee spoke softly and yet the younger still flinched. "Sorry.." He mumbled quietly. He hung his head low and fiddled with his hands.

"Thanks for letting Mark borrow your motorcycle." Donghee spoke as soft as she possibly could. The youngest said nothing. He nodded his head gently and didn't even dare to look up.

15 minutes had passed since Mark left Donghee alone with Jisung. The both of them remained silent with each other. Donghee wanted to make the younger feel comfortable but he didn't seem to want to talk.

Mark came back after another five minutes. His face held a wide smile, basically telling Donghee that there was good news. As soon as Mark stood in front of Donghee, Jisung ran back into the mansion.

"Good news! You're gonna stay at Jeno's hideout place thing. Jeno rarely goes there so he said it's fine for you to stay until you're financially stable and ready to move out." Mark explained happily, "Jeno is gonna come out soon and he'll drive you to the place. I think it's an apartment so it honestly isn't even a 'hideout'. And and and, it's closer to your university and hospital!!" Mark squealed, wrapping his arms around Donghee in joy.

"Wait- really?!" Donghee pulled away from Mark with wide eyes full of happiness.
"Yes!" Mark laughed. 

Soon, Jeno walked out the door with keys clutched in his hand. "A pleasure to finally meet you, Donghee." Jeno flashed Donghee a small smile. "Let's go, shall we?" Jeno grabbed Donghee's duffle bag and backpack, holding it all in one hand.

 "Let's go, shall we?" Jeno grabbed Donghee's duffle bag and backpack, holding it all in one hand

jeno😩😩 what a gentleman

damn ma girl hee just lost her home..