8.

"It's best if you take care of a different patient for the week, Donghee

"It's best if you take care of a different patient for the week, Donghee." Both Yuri and Miss Song stood in front of Donghee, arms crossed against their chest. Although Donghee wanted to agree with them, she was training. She couldn't just bail out after one inconvenience.

"No it's okay. What kind of nurse would I be to avoid a patient?" She argued. She looked at both Miss Song and Yuri full of anticipation. "Donghee I don't think-"
"Fine. You can continue to help but if anything goes wrong again, you're not taking care of Miss Nam." Miss Song concluded. Yuri whipped her head to Miss Song with wide eyes. She was in absolute disbelief that Miss Song would agree so easily.

"Miss-"
"She's training. She needs to get experience." Miss Song pat Yuri's shoulder, trying to make her understand. Donghee couldn't help but smile at the elder's words. "Thank you, Miss Song." Donghee bowed to the elder, showing her full respect.

. . .

To Donghee's surprise, the day went by smoothly. She was already packing her belongings to go home. Miss Nam hadn't snapped at her, and instead let her do her job.

"Get home safely, Donghee." Miss Song smiled Donghee as she was walking out the door.
"You too Miss Song! Don't work yourself too hard." Donghee bowed one last time before walking out the door.

Donghee walked past all the staff and all the guests, and out the door of the hospital. To her surprise, a familiar figure sat on a motorcycle outside. Donghee was full of shock at the sight she saw.

"Mark! What the fuck are you doing here?" Donghee ran towards Mark, slapping his arm as her eyes looked down at his motorcycle. She looked at the black and red TVS Apache RR310 model. "Also since when did you have a motorcycle?"
"I don't, this is Jisung's. He only uses it when he's in the mood to race so he let me use it for tonight." Mark smirked, hands trailing at the smooth fresh coat of paint.

"That doesn't answer why you're here, without notice." Donghee raised a brow at the older.
"I thought you could use a ride. I also wanna hang because Taeyong is seriously an asshole. So, you getting on or you wanna train back?" Donghee scoffed at the playful attitude. She said nothing and took a seat behind Mark. Mark handed Donghee a helmet to which she put on her head.

"You better not kill me. I wanna live to have children and I can't die this early." Donghee snaked her arms around Mark's waist while he chuckled at her words. "You and kids are not a good combination."
"Say that again when I'm giving birth to my first child, asshole." Donghee rolled her eyes at the older, although he couldn't see it.

Without notice, Mark started the engine and drove off immediately. "Markus!!" She yelled at the sudden movement. Over the roaring sound of the engine, she could hear the male laugh loudly.

"Enjoy the ride Hee! I won't let you die alright, I'll let you live to give birth." Now, Donghee was the one laughing with a wide smile.
"Hey, I'll make sure you babysit the kids!"
"No thanks! I'll probably drop it!" Mark laughed in return.

It was a simple conversation, but it was more than what anyone could do.

. . .

"Markus are you planning to kill me? Why are you bringing me to a bridge?" The two of them stopped at a nearby bridge over a river. Cars passing by on the road beside the side walk.

"I don't know but I just thought you could use a breather y'know?" Mark replied. He looked out at the slow flowing river beneath the bridge.
"What so you're gonna push me off for a breather?" Donghee giggled at her own words.
"Dude what's with you thinking I'm trynna kill you?" The older playfully nudged. The both of them laughed together.

After their laughter had died down, there was a comfortable silence between the two of them. While Mark watched at the water slowly flowed, Donghee focused her eyes on the swaying trees near the river below.

"Ok wait, the Jihyeon lady, who is she?" Mark asked, breaking the chain of silence between them. "She's a burn victim at the hospital and she spoke about my family yesterday and she said I look like him. I don't know who she is or what connections she coincidentally has with them but there's something she knows." Donghee explained.
"Well I did some research for you last night, which is also one of the reasons I came to you tonight. There's nothing about her, well barely. There's only the basics - name, age, nationality, ethnicity, address, family and occupation. There was nothing on there about connections she has with your family." Mark explained.

Even for Mark it was strange. There was always at least one note about a certain connection or close friend, but there was nothing under Jihyeon's name.

"Nothing? At all?"
"I'll be honest Hee. The lack of information in her profile is like if someone removed her information. I can try again but I doubt the results will change." Mark looked over at Donghee. Her brows were furrowed and her cheeks were filled with air. She was deep in thought about Jihyeon.

There was so many questions in her head. Who was Jihyeon? How did she know her family? Why does she hate them? Did they do something to her?

"Mark, take me home please. I'm tired and I don't think I can handle this right now." Donghee weakly grabbed onto a handful of Mark's sweater, tugging on it gently. Mark didn't utter a word. He only nodded his head and gave Donghee her helmet.

. . .

Donghee stood beside Mark's motorcycle, grabbing her bag and thanking the male.

"Tell Jisung I said thanks."
"Jisung? The fuck did he do?" Mark raised a brow at the sudden mention of the youngest.
"It's his motorcycle, idiot." The female flicked the elder's forehead, earning a sharp glare from him.

"Excuse you but who drov-"
"Who broke their car and had to borrow a motorcycle? Who did that?" Donghee looked away from Mark, placing her hand behind her ear and waiting for a response. When a reply wasn't heard, Donghee snickered at him.

"Although, thanks Markus. I appreciate your failed attempt of killing me." Donghee showed him a toothy grin. In return, Mark laughed at her comment. "Trust me, next time it'll be a success."

Instead of verbally replying, Donghee ruffled his jet black hair. "Bye~" Donghee walked away, waving her hand while he put on his helmet. The moment Donghee walked into the building, was the moment Mark took off.

 The moment Donghee walked into the building, was the moment Mark took off

their friendship >>>>>