49.

Donghee was scheduled to depart in 2 days

Donghee was scheduled to depart in 2 days. She spent most of her time with either Jaemin, Mark, or Jaehyun. However, today was an exception of that. Donghyuck had requested time with her.

The two siblings sat in silence together at a near by park. They weren't exactly sure what there was for them to talk about given the relationship they had.

"So..Australia.." Donghyuck pondered quietly. His usual ongoing conversations were almost non existent that day. "Yeah.." Donghee responded quietly.

"Message me about Australia, okay? And like..if you ever have any troubles, just let me know." Donghyuck looked over to his sister with a face of concern. It was hard to tell her that he was going to miss her. Their relationship was too complicated.

Donghyuck wouldn't blame her for feeling awkward either. He was a bad brother; potentially the worst. Truthfully, he was too scared to be close to her because what if she got hurt because of him?

As for Donghee, she didn't hold a grudge against her older brother at all. It was just hard. Years and years of what felt like no contact, it was hard to come back from that. It's like she had to get to know him as if they didn't spend their childhood together.

"Hee," Donghyuck's tone was suddenly very serious, causing Donghee to face him with her entire body. "I- I want to properly apologise."
"No Hyuck you don't h-"
"I've been a bad brother." Donghyuck sighed quietly, head tilted low as his mind was filled with regret and guilt.

"I know that I wasn't there enough for you and I know I might be late to only be saying this now. I just..I was always so scared that your life would be put in danger because of me. I wanted to shut you out, make you hate me..all so that you wouldn't contact me and put your life in danger. I know-" A sudden close proximity between the two took Donghyuck off guard.

His little sister's arms wrapped around his waist with her face dug into his chest. "I forgive you. I was just so scared you hated me." Donghee sniffled as very few tears fell from her eyes.

"Hey, you remember what I said when we were kids right? I'm by your side, forever." He smiled, gently caressing the back of her head.

"HYUCK!!!!!!!!" 12 year old Donghee called out for her older brother.

She always got picked on at school and Donghyuck was the only person to help her - mainly because he was her brother. She squirmed around in the hands of one of the other 12 year old girls. Tears brimming in her eyes as her brother was no where to be seen.

The girls were laughing in her face.

"Even your own brother abandoned you." None of the girls in Donghee's grade let her live down the fact her mother had took her own life.

The girls threw Donghee onto the concrete ground, laughing at her misfortune and pain. Bruised and sore, Donghee laid there alone. She was silent. It even felt like the wind had gone silent. Nothing but the winter breeze against her rough and bloodied skin. The school was basically empty at this point.