47.

"Donghee!" A joyous call for the younger was heard

The older woman stumbled out of her bed towards Donghee with tears in her eyes. Jihyeon was worried sick for the poor girl. It'd been almost a week since the incident. Donghee only visited her now to allow her some proper rest.

She brought Jaehyun with her to keep her company but also because she didn't have a ride. She originally asked Mark but the boy was busy with other plans today.

Jihyeon engulfed Donghee into a warm and long hug. "I'm so glad you're okay." The elder woman muffled into Donghee's shoulder.

Jihyeon pulled away from the hug with a loving gaze. Her hand brought itself to the top of Donghee's hair before sliding down to her cheek. The younger leaned her head closer to Jihyeon's hand.

"I don't know what I'd do if I lost you too." Donghee smiled softly and took Jihyeon's hand. Donghee led Jihyeon to sit down on the bed. The two sat down across from each other, both holding a gentle smile on the face.

"Who's this boy? This isn't the blue one." Jihyeon stared at Jaehyun, confused since she had never met him before. "This is Jaehyun, one of the members. He's also one of my friends." It was true that Donghee and Jaehyun were becoming close friends. When she wasn't with Mark, she was probably with Jaehyun.

"Hi." Jaehyun stood awkwardly behind Donghee with a small smile.

"Yeonhee is still alive, isn't she? You must be careful Donghee-ah." Jihyeon held both of Donghee's hands tightly.

Jihyeon worried for the young girl. She saw Donghee like her own daughter at this point. There was no pain like finding out Donghee was unconscious for days. There was also no pain like losing another loved one. Jihyeon couldn't bare the sight of the bruises and scarring on Donghee's face and body. It was almost too much to bare.

"She is. But it's okay! I'll be more careful. I'm more aware of my surroundings now." Donghee smiled brightly. She didn't want Jihyeon to worry her.

It made her heart feel heavy knowing that everyone around her worried and made her a priority. It especially made her heart heavy knowing Jihyeon saw her like a daughter. She became a responsibility in Jihyeon's life who always made sure Donghee was okay.

"Donghee, I want you to know that you do not burden me in any way whatsoever. I might be getting old but I am still able to care for you. But even when I'm not close and around, I'm glad you have that blue boy by your side." Upon the mention of Jaemin, Donghee's expression fell. Jaehyun chuckled quietly seeing Donghee's face knowing he already had this conversation with her on the car ride here.

"What is that look?" Jihyeon's brows furrowed together. She leaned in slightly as her grip on Donghee's hands grew tighter. She got worried.

"He uhm..kinda ran away from everyone because I may have said something and like I don't know..no one's seen him and it's been like a week." Jihyeon frowned hearing the news. She stayed silent however and listened to Donghee spill her heart.