2.

"Donghee, come with me and help me move one of our patients to a different room

"Donghee, come with me and help me move one of our patients to a different room." Miss Song spoke from beside Donghee. The younger closed her laptop, standing up and following Miss Song.

"This patient, Nam Jihyeon, suffers from a third degree burn on her hip and second degree burn on her left arm. She's 45 years old and has been here for just under two months. We swap her room depending on how her burn is. She's a nanny and was in a house fire during one of her working days. She's the only survivor." Miss Song informed Donghee while walking into the elevator.

"For the rest of your placement, you'll be helping take care of Miss Nam. Here's Miss Nam's profile, there's all the necessary information regarding her state. All we're doing today is moving her to a different room and moving her belongings. She's already been bathed and dressed by some of the other nurses." While Miss Song spoke, Donghee skimmed through the paper that was given to her.

"Any questions?" Miss Song asked.
"Oh uhh not that I can think of any?" Donghee muttered.
"I should also inform you that Miss Nam is a cranky woman when she's not in the mood. Try not to talk too much." Donghee nodded her head in understanding.

The both of them walked out the elevator and walked into one of the rooms.

Room 219

Opening the door, Miss Song quietly greets Miss Nam. "Yeonhee? Is that you?" Miss Nam called quietly. "It is. I brought with me a student. She'll be assisting you with anything for the next month and a half. Her name is Donghee." Miss Song spoke.

Turning her head, Jihyeon stared at Donghee with blank eyes. "She doesn't look special." Jihyeon spoke before turning away. Miss Song chuckled lightly, walking towards Jihyeon.

"I'm sure you're aware that you're moving rooms. Donghee you stay here while I move Miss Nam. One of the other nurses will come in a minute or so to assist you move her belongings."

Donghee sat still, watching Miss Song help Jihyeon stand. The very moment the two of them left the room, a familiar nurse walked into the room. Donghee recognised her as a young nurse, barely any difference in age.

"Unnie, do we just move everything?" Donghee asked quietly.
"Miss Nam has three small boxes. They're all under her bed. There's also a journal under her pillow so take that as well." The nurse, Yuri, explained. Donghee nodded her head and took a box under the bed while Yuri took the other two. Donghee reached under Miss Nam's bed, taking ahold of the small journal.

Once all items were successfully moved, Yuri, Miss Song and Donghee styed in Jihyeon's room to keep her company. Miss Song and Yuri easily spoke to Jihyeon but Donghee sat quietly.

"You, girl." Jihyeon spoke, staring directly at Donghee.
"Oh uh yes, Miss Nam?" Donghee managed to utter out, somewhat intimidated by the elder.

Miss Nam (Jihyeon) said nothing. She continued to stare at Donghee with narrow eyes. "My journal, where did you put it?" She asked.
"Oh uh I put it in the top drawer of the ta-"
"Throw it away. Throw it in the bin. I do not want it in my presence."

Jihyeon opened the drawer and wrapped her hand around the spine of the book, throwing it onto the ground with full force. Donghee flinched at the sudden action. It also sent Yuri and Miss Song into alarm. Miss Song and Yuri jumped to their feet, rushing over to Jihyeon.

"Donghee why don't you just take the book and leave okay? I'm sure you have your assignment anyway." Yuri spoke with a reassuring smile, nodding her head lightly. Donghee immediately grabbed the small journal and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

Donghee walked into Miss Song's office, which is where Miss Song allowed her to stay during her placement hours.

Donghee it's not yours, just throw it out like requested.

Dude you'll never know what's in there...

Donghee contemplated the decision very hard. After finally making up her decision, she stuffed the journal into her backpack. Donghee spent the rest of her time quietly as she continued doing some work on her experience during her work placement.

An hour passed and Miss Song finally came back.

"Sorry about that. Miss Nam gets like that sometimes. She's just been through a lot and refuses to see a therapist so she tends to snap sometimes." Miss Song explains, sitting down on her desk with an exhausted sigh.

"Miss Song," The elder responds with a hum, "What do I do when I take care of Miss Nam?" Hearing the question, Miss Song removes her glasses and places them down on the table.
"Well, Yuri is going to be helping you for majority of your time with Miss Nam instead of me. You'll help clean and debride her. You'll help her bathe and dress, feed her - all the things she can't do herself. You'll also be required to keep her company." Miss Song explains.

"How long until she's allowed out?" Donghee asked curiously.
"Well, the third degree burn on her hip is painful and she can barely move or walk. Usually burns would heal within a month but, she's getting old with a very large burn. It'll be hard to pinpoint when she's released." Donghee wasn't sure how to reply, so she said nothing.

. . .

Donghee was on the train home like every other night. She didn't have a license and so she sometimes would rely on Mark to pick her up. However, there were nights when he was busy and so she'd take the train to the nearest station to her apartment and walk.

Donghee sat on the lifeless train, listening to nothing but the sounds of the wheels against the rail track. Suddenly, her phone began ringing. Donghee wasn't expecting anyone to call her so suddenly.

markerina markus is calling...

"Hello monsieur, how may I help you?" Donghee chuckled.
"Donghyuck wants to talk to you but his phone is dead so he's calling on my phone." For some reason, Donghee's mood dropped. Not saying anything, she waited for the phone to be passed to Donghyuck.

"Sis, what are you doing right now?" Donghyuck asked in a dull tone.
"I'm on the train home, why?" Donghee returned the dead tone, not wanting to listen.
"Ok, just checking. I just wanna tell you that Mark isn't coming over anymore. Taeyong won't allow him, or anyone, leave." He hung up after his words. Donghee didn't know what to say.

Is that the only reason why he called? Not to ask if she was okay, or if she'd eaten yet?

Donghee scoffed to herself, shoving her phone back into her pocket. She couldn't believe it. Her own brother didn't care about her. It hurt, but it angered her more.

will u hate me for making hyuck a BITCH in this book? possibly