21.

The night went by surprisingly smoothly

The night went by surprisingly smoothly. The two of them slept peacefully in each other's embrace. In all honesty, Donghee pretended as though he were Mark.

There were countless nights when Mark would sleepover at Donghee's apartment. In those countless nights, Mark and Donghee would always cuddle to sleep without thinking about it.

Of course there was slight hesitance in Donghee, as he wasn't Mark. But the most she could do was visualise Mark's face on Jaemin.

6:00 am

Donghee's alarm rang throughout Jaemin's room - waking him up as well as it did her. Subconsciously, Jaemin's arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer - which is exactly what Mark does.

"Why was it so loud?" His hoarse grumbled into her neck.
"It's an alarm, it's meant to be loud." He said nothing and only hummed into her neck. His lips gently grazed her neck as he lied there.

"Jaemin, I need to get up." Donghee tried to push the male off, but his grip around her waist only tightened.
"Shut up, I'm the one driving you." Jaemin nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck. His lips, his nose, his lashes, even his breath, she could feel it against her neck.

"Just a bit more baby.." He mumbled again. Donghee sighed in defeat, letting him lie there peacefully.

Donghee kept track of time with her phone, waiting for it to hit the five minute mark. Once it hit, she shook him repeatedly.

"It's been 5 minutes, can I get up now?"
"Do I get a kiss?"
"Kiss my ass, just get off."

Tired, Jaemin rolled himself to his side, not expecting that he was going to fall off. When a thud was heard, Donghee erupted into laughter. "You idiot." She playfully rolled her eyes.

She pushed herself off the bed before lazily walking into the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and washing her face, she ran her fingers through her hair to get rid of knots. She didn't have any of her facial creams since she abandoned them at Jeno's apartment.

"Love..?" Jaemin groggily walked into the bathroom, standing behind Donghee with his arms around her waist. He rested his cheek on her shoulder, closing his eyes again.

"Jaemin if you're this tired then I'm gonna ask Mark to drive me."
"But I'm already awake.." Barely. He was barely able to open his eyes to be called awake.
"You sleep, I can get Mark."
"You sure love?" He removed his cheek from her shoulder, looking down at her with half opened eyes. Seeing his tired features, Donghee let out a small giggle.

"Yes I'm sure. Now go sleep, you need it." Without thinking about her actions, she placed a small peck on his cheek before walking off.

. . .

"Have you met your father recently?" Jihyeon asked cautiously.
"I haven't, not yet at least." Donghee pat the burn on her hip dry before putting on ointment with a cotton tip. She was careful to not cause pain to the elder.

"I fear that he's after you. I don't know why he's back in Neocity but, I'm sure he's after something." Jihyeon sighed quietly.
"It's okay Miss, I'm sure I'll be fine."
"No, no you mustn't underestimate him. I cannot say but, he holds power that you wouldn't imagine." Jihyeon looked at Donghee.

Her eyes held warning, cautiousness and of course, fear. Jihyeon knew things, she knew many things. But she couldn't say them directly. She wanted to spill everything she knew, but she couldn't.

"Is there anything that you can tell me?" 
"There is a shop in the city. The owner, she can tell you everything you want to know. She was one of the only supporters your mother and I had - my cousin. Lim Sooyoung, that's her name."
"What's the name of her store, maybe it'll be easier for me?"
"Star Crossed."

😙kith

😙kith