18.

"Donghee," a voice called, "I was wondering if I could ask you something?" Yuri had approached Donghee during break time

She had been meaning to ask Donghee about yesterday since she saw her but Yuri was last minute in a surgery.

"Do you..do you know Jaemin? As in, close friends?" Yuri sat down beside the younger who was eating the food Mark sent her.
"I can't say we're close but I also can't say we're friends. Mutuals? Mutuals that happen to spend time together?" The younger wasn't even sure what level her and the blue haired were at.

"Well then I'm assuming y'know NCT." Yuri sighed. She thought about her severely injured brother. Donghee's head snapped in Yuri's direction with eyes wide.

"Y-you k-know?" The younger struggled with her words because of the food that was stuffed into her mouth.

"I do. In fact, I'm like you in a way. My brother is also in one," Yuri sat back on the bench, "Ateez." Donghee was aware of who Ateez were. She'd heard about them through Mark and also through the news.

"That's how y'know Jaemin, they're allies."
"It's true they're allies but that's not exactly why. Just over a year ago, I was in charge of a surgery - a last minute one. They came in with a bloodied girl. There was so little time with so much blood lost and..and she didn't make it. You may have heard about her already, you may have not."
"I've heard of her - Hwayoung, Shin Hwayoung."
"That's right. I was in charge of her surgery and I was the one to tell them the news."

Yuri wanted to say the truth, but it wasn't her place. It wasn't her secret to tell no matter how much she wanted to. Instead, Yuri fed her the lie that everyone knew about. She fed her the lie that was so believable that it hurt.

"Anyways," she stood from the bench, "break is over soon and I have a surgery to take care of. I'm aware that you're going to Seojin and Siwoo after." Donghee muttered a small 'bye' before the older left.

markerina markus sent a message!

markerina markus
ik youre working but when u see this, call me.
i hv news

Donghee was confused why his message was so serious, though she didn't question it. She closed her, now empty, lunchbox and placed it beside her. Dialing in his number, she waited for him to pick up.

"Aren't you working? Why'd you pick up?"

"I have about 10 minutes, I'm on break."

"Well, I just found out that Blood Thorn hates your dad. Real burning passion I tell you. From what I found, he's in debt. All those night he came home drunk, that's him gambling and after being beat up by them. It was after the divorce that he fled and they couldn't find him."

"That's it? A gamble?"

"There's more. You told me last night that it was an arranged marriage, right? The leader of Blood Thorn was a family friend of your mum. His parents offered to give him to your mum for the daughter, what they didn't know was that he actually loved her since they were 7. Knowing that the son of a coworker was chosen over him really just..fucked him up."

"And so my dad fought him? I don't know how it connects to all the gambling."

"Fuck sakes Hee. After the marriage, they coincidentally met as a Casino, that's when Daehyun found out that Chanwoo, BT leader, loved his newly wedded wife. Things went down that night and from then onwards, nothing was a smooth ride."

"Alright well my break is over now so I'll give you a full response later. Bye Markus!"

She packed her things away, dropping them off at Miss Song's office before walking to Siwoo's hospital room.

"Hey Siwoo~" Donghee cooed as she opened the door. The precious 8 year old turned his head to the elder's direction.

"Noona!!" Siwoo held his arms open, waiting for Donghee to give him a hug. And she did. She embraced him in a warm hug before pulling away to gently pinch his cheek.

"Where's Seojin?"
"Hyung said that he went to go toilet. He said he'll be back in soon." Siwoo, with a smile, turned back to his colouring book.

It had become his mission to finish the colouring book by the time he's released. To help him with the mission, Seojin and Donghee would help him. Most of the time it was Donghee that helped while Seojin took care of the 'nurse stuff'.

"Noona," he called softly, "do you know that my tooth fell out yesterday? Look!" The 8 year old opened his mouth, showing her the front tooth that fell out. "And! And! The tooth fairy came to take it yesterday!" Siwoo showed her a wide smile.

The both of them had fun chatter until the door opened. "Oh sunbae, you're back."
"Hyung, my tooth came out yesterday and the tooth fairy took it!"
"Woo, I'm the one that took your tooth out, I know." Siwoo's mouth formed an 'o' shape at the realisation.

"Hyung, did you know that the sun is a- is a..uhh...star!" Donghee giggled at his sudden comment. "You're a star too, Woo." She said, ruffling his hair in the process.

. . .

markerina markus is calling...

"Come outside, I'm in the parking lot and I'm bringing you to the mansion. You have five minutes to grab some outfits, laptop phone whatever and your mum's box. Hurry."

"Wha-"

Mark had already hung up before she could question anything. Without time to process though, she shot to her feet and grabbed enough clothes and could last her 3 days at work and 3 nights. She grabbed her main devices and chargers, stuffing it into her bag along with her clothes. Lastly, but most importantly, she placed her mother's box in the bag.

It didn't take her long before she ran out the apartment, locked the door, and ran outside.

oh shi-