39.

Donghee ran up the stairs with Johnny following behind her

Donghee ran up the stairs with Johnny following behind her. But it was too late. The only live attacker had already jumped out the window, immediately jumping into a van and driving off.

In that moment that she saw the male lying on the ground, groaning in pain, Donghee felt a part of her heart rip into pieces. It wasn't possible, it couldn't be.

"Mark.." Donghee ran to his side and kneeled beside him. Out of complete panic, Donghee ripped off the hem of her shirt to reduce the bleeding.

Lifting up Mark's shirt slightly, she put pressure on the wound, taking in as much blood as she could with the ripped cloth. The pained male let out a loud groan while squirming on the ground.

"It's okay Mark, take a deep breath, please.." Donghee closed her eyes shut and prayed that she could do something. "Johnny go to one of the surgery rooms down the hall and get me a clean tray of tools. Everything should still be in plastic casings, be quick!"

(uhm google sucks ass and wont tell me how to remove a bullet and i am not paying monthly for quora just to find that out so.. YOLO..)

After Johnny came running back with a silver tray in his hands, he placed it down beside Donghee and allowed her to do her business. Of course Donghee has wrapped bandages before - but she had never taken out a bullet.

Removing a bullet was a serious thing to do and any minor mistake could cause major damage. One wrong move and Donghee could hit Mark's blood vessel. Usually, Mark would go under an X-ray so it could be easy to find the bullet. But of course, the electricity was turned off and there was no way to do it properly.

"Can't you leave it in him? I heard it's okay to leave bullets inside sometimes." One of the members suggested. "We could but the bullet is lead which may cause more damage."
"Exactly. Lead bullets can leak and enter the bloodstream, which is basically poisoning the body and leading him to death. There's no option but to take it out." Donghee replied, not glancing up from the faint male.

Although she roughly numbed the area, she was no professional. There was no guarantee that Mark couldn't feel anything. "Bullets take at least an hour to take out, what makes you think you can do it now before anyone comes back inside."
"I can do the most the can to at least get it out, everything else can be taken care of afterwards. Either way, police are on their way and we can't get Mark into surgery. There will be an investigation and if they see NCT members here, we're all screwed." As Donghee said those words, she pressed her knee against Mark's legs to keep them down.

"Pro tip, do not elevate a person's legs. Doing that may allow an increase of blood to come out the body during any chest or abdominal injuries."
"You don't know where the bullet is! You're only gonna make things worse."
"Don't pressure her Yang, it'll only make her performance worse." Johnny placed a hand on the younger's shoulder, holding him back from any more words thrown at the female.

She was doing her best. It was a bit hard without the proper lighting that wasn't just a phone torch, but it was enough. It was enough to at least see into the cut of his body. "You're lucky the bullet isn't too deep into the body. No blood vessels or organs will be damaged if it's this close to the surface."

(THIS IS SO INNACURATE IM SORRY-)

With a small pair of tweezers, Donghee poked it into Mark's body and just to her amazement, the tweezers gripped onto the bullet. "I got it!" And as proud as she was of her acheivement, Donghee held a straight face.

Slowly, and very gently, Donghee pulled out the bullet. She placed the bloodied bullet onto the tissue beside her. Donghee wiped down the wound with a damp towel before bandaging Mark's abdomen.

(do bullets break inside the body? dk, google wont answer me.)

"Please, get him back safely and make sure Doyoung checks his wound because I'm no professional. I have somewhere to go so make sure he messages me when he's awake!" Donghee got up to her feet and ran towards the stairs.

Just before going down, she yelled one last goodbye before leaving their sight. She left through the back exit of the hospital and went out through the alleyway. Walking out the alley, she walked down the street.

She put aside everything that just happened. She disregarded the group of people sitting outside the hospital doors with the police cars pulled up beside them. Donghee was barely a normal civilian like them.

Donghee waited on the side of the road for the next taxi to pull up. When it did, she got into the car and told the driver her desired location.

While in the car, Donghee couldn't stop thinking about the multiple events that happened in the last hour and a half; Miss Nam was missing, Miss Song (most likely) being the reason for Miss Nam's abduction, Mark being shot and having Donghee remove the bullet..it was too much for her small brain to handle.

"We're here, Miss." The driver said quietly, pulling Donghee out of her thoughts. Paying the old driver, she said her thank you and walked outside. There she stood in front of a large restaurant that was well known for it's expensive menu.

Donghee was quite scared to say the least, she had never been to such a fancy place before. The scared female cautiously walked into the bright restaurant. First sight was the golden chandelier that hung over the receptionist's desk at the entrance.

"Do you have a booking?" She asked. In all of Donghee's life, she's never met such a posh lady in Neocity - it was quite amusing. "Uhm..I have a uh booking under the name..Park Chanwoo.." Donghee replied shyly.

The female stared at Donghee up and down, almost like she was judging the young female, before nodding her head. "Follow me." Donghee bowed her head and obediently followed the female that led her to a private area of the restaurant.

Inside that private lounge area, was none other than Park Chanwoo.

lol wtf was this chapter idek
anyway happy lunar new year🧧🧧🐯