A Failed Invasion

saiouma and oumota
D.I.C.E is a large orginzation
Kokichi is like a villain

A delicate tune bounced off the walls. Lithe pale hands reaching for the lever. In an instant the lights flashed on, bathing the room in its eerie purple glow. "Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks." Purple-soled heels trotted over the polished floor, their cape dragged along behind them.  " When she saw what she had done, she gave her father forty-one." Seating himself upon an overly dramatic and very villainous chair he swivelled around. The last lyrics to the nursery rhyme dying on his lips. " Now, who snuck into my secret lair?" Learning back into the plush upholstery with a mundane expression printed onto his features; Kokichi called out to the intruder. 

Timidly a small bob of navy peeked out from underneath a table. Their golden hues practically glowing in the light. "Sorry, I panicked. Maybe try not singing a creepy song next time?" He said, lips quivering in fear.

Kokichi's eyes narrowed, assessing the cowering lad before him. Baggy clothing hung off their lanky frame. Whisps of hair framed their heart-shaped face. 
Shuichi's heart hammered in their chest and time seemed to still. A beat, a second, a moment passed.
With a lazy roll of Kokichi's eyes and an exasperated sigh, he crossed his legs. He shoved aside the swirling embers of interest inside of him. "Firstly, rude it's a nursery rhyme. Secondly, what you want me to sing wheels on the bus next time? Cause that's going to kill the vibe." He gestured down to his outfit with a haughty attitude. "Being a villain is a life choice, I'm supposed to be scary. Now carry on." Cocking a black painted fingernail he stared down at them. Violet irises set ablaze with suspicion. "What's your purpose, intruder."

Startled the other quickly gave a mock bow. "Well, I'm Shuichi Saihira and um." Squinting down he tried his best to read the smudged handwriting. "I'm here to put an end to your will-evil." Shuichi darted a quick glance upward from his hand, goosebumps ran down his spine. "Sorry, you can keep your will, in case you get into a car accident or anything... um...Continuing onwards, I'm here to put an end to your evil deeds."

Kokichi hunched forward his face hidden away in the shadows. He tossed his head back, crackling with delight. Fear injected itself into Shuichi as he watched the scene unfolding before his eyes.
Limbs shaking and back hunched over as tears formed at the corners of his eyes. Kokichi roared with laughter. It echoed throughout the room, ringing in Shuichi's ears, mocking him. "Lovely." Kokichi gasped trying to catch his breath. Suprise tickled his sides and entertainment begun to take shape in the form of Shuichi. Drinking in Shuichi's reactions, he clapped his hands slowly at the hilarious performance.
"And how do you plan on doing that?" Snapping his fingers a million lasers aimed at Shuichi, dying him red with their beams. A long-forgotten emotion stirred inside his mind, wreaking havoc. Expectations, for once he looked forward to seeing what their next move would be. Perhaps, it wouldn't be as he had predicted.

"Oh, I'm not the one doing that." His hands were raised in mock surrender. An apologetic smile graced his features as a bead of sweat dripped down his forehead. Anticipation filled the air as Kokichi hung on to every word, an unforeseen response. "I'm the sidekick. The 'Luminary of the Stars' is the one coming."

Every spark of emotion died the moment those words were uttered. His face fell into a look of complete despair. "Luminary of the Stars."
Needless to say, this was not the 'unexpected response' Kokichi was looking for. He was hoping for someone he couldn't immediately guess what's going inside their minds. Not an actually intriguing person being played around by an utter imbecile. Shame, he thought, another disappointment. To think just earlier he had walked into this very room with high hopes for that moron's new sidekick. 

Kaito had two highly skilled individuals at hand but he can't bring them to their full capabilities. Maki acted on instincts alone and Shuichi had no spine. If only Kaito had given Maki some tactical books. Or maybe sent her off to anger management courses with Fuyuhiko, then things would be different. For an assassin, it was quite ironic how much she let emotions dictate her actions.
Shuichi on the other hand needed someone who wouldn't overshadow him. Sure, Kaito's vibrant personality did wonders for Shuichi who was still stuck in his middle school emo phase. However, Kaito shone too brightly and tended to overshadow Shuichi. Which didn't help with the crippling low self-esteem.
If only he could have gotten to them first. Hopefully, the two of them would soon realize that the only way to go would be to join D.I.C.E.