Broken Hearts Mended

Slight angst
Saiouma
Kaede x miu

Tears cascaded down sunken cheeks, curled up in the corner sat kokichi. Miu sat next to him in a similar state of despair.

Just three days ago kaede and shuichi had gotten together. Three days ago kokichi and miu had been happy, now all that's left is unbearable sadness.

Their lack of appetite had caused them to be quite skinny. They had bonded over their sadness and endless crying secessions, and became friends.

"Kokichi did you see it?" Miu asked glumly.

"Don't mention it, we may as well bury our emotions at this point" Kokichi sorrowfully replied.

Just a moment earlier kokichi and miu witnessed a kiss occurring between the love of their lives. Which lead to their most recent hour of depression. 

"How long do you think they'll stay together?" Asked miu.

"Probably forever. Their not the kind of person to not be serious about a relationship." Kokichi's words dripped with despair.

Soft knocking echoed through the room.

Kokichi and miu turned to each other assessing the situation. After a minute kokichi stood up and headed towards the door. With each step he carefully picked up him mask, piece by piece putting it back on.
Opening the door with a cheery facade, and then his heart crashed. At the door was none other then his beloved and kaede.

"What are you doing here saihira-chan? Shouldn't you be on a date or something?" Kokichi asked ignoring the bitter stabs of hurt attacking his heart.

"Actually, kaede and I have something to tell you. Is miu here too?" Saihira nervously asked.

"Yep just give us a second", Kokichi said.

He turned around and headed to miu.

"They are here, both of them together. Apparently they have something to say to us", kokichi said sourly.

Miu sighed in response, before fixing her makeup and wiping away tears.

"Let's go poochi", miu whispered barely concealing her slight stutter.

Together they headed back to the doorway where the new couple stood.

"Hi?", Saihira awkwardly greeted. " Kaede and I wanted to apologize to both of you. We didn't realize that our actions would hurt both of you so deeply. Kaede and I were pretending to date to see if both of you liked us back"

Emotions flickered across miu and kokichi's faces, disbelief and then hope.

"Your saying that you guys weren't dating AND HAVE A CRUSH ON US?" Kokichi asked recovering from the initial shock before miu.

Both saihira and Kaede nodded. 

Miu blushed. Seeing this Kaede pulled her into a kiss which only made miu even redder, while kokichi yanked shuichi into a kiss.