Weaver and Reaper

Basic idea for their outfitsSaiouma

Saiouma

The weaver and the reaper, everyone has heard of one of them or maybe both of them. The weaver who weaves threads of life onto the tapestry of lives, and in some stories they also cut out the threads of the dead. The reaper comes and reaps the soul of the dead and commonly guides them to the afterlife.

In this story, the reaper and the weaver shall be two separate souls stuck in one body. The playful and cheerful weaver who's personality became twisted after watching humanity pray and speak of peace while killing others. They watch humanity abuse and abandon others, seeing both the good and the wicked. They weave lives into the loom and control the body during the day.

The reaper who is shy and quiet, gloominess haunts them as they see all the lives ended so soon. All the lives that will no longer be alive. Imagine being forced to see others mourn over a life that you took, to see that thousands of times over and over again. They control the body by night.

Both of them forced to suffer by watching horrifying scenes, their only comfort is being able to talk to the other in their mind.

Time and time again a human would wander by searching for them. Pleading for them to extend the life of the person's loved one. However, the circle of life and death is important. One cannot break the balance without consequences. Each life had its own value and its own consequences for extending it. One person may live but live as a mindless shell of their former self. Another might lose a limb or one of their senses. In some cases another life needed to be exchanged for them to live. One by one the weaver and reaper watched what happened when one's life was extended. Till finally they couldn't bear it anymore and moved far away from human civilization.