Blind Fool

Saiouma engaged
semi-pregame au

Rain poured down, sliding down the cracks in the walls, grime trickled off aged stone walls. The whole world held its breath as a careless intruder wandered in. He was a speck of white on a porcelain jar dropped in mud, innocence practically oozed off him. It was obvious you would have to be blind not to notice it, the way clean leather boots stumbled over cracked concrete. Fingers drumming anxiously against the rain splattered fabric of his neatly ironed pants. Shoulders slumped forward, anxiety rolling off him in suffocating waves. Kokichi stomped through the muddy streets, wary eyes skimming over the hunched figures around him. To him, the streets were unknown and full of hidden threats. Paranoia washed over him in nauseating waves, drowning him. Fear sunk it's painful claws into the meagre scraps of his courage.

This was not a place most people would come for the scenery. It was always the desperate souls who would wander down to these hidden streets, in search of accommodations for all their problems. Blindly they would be enthralled by the sirens beckoning calls of temptation. Here they would sell their organs, belongings anything for another chance, another taste. Anything to fill their souls once more with the alluring sensation of sins.
This was the kind of place one would read about in stories, a place where lies are second nature and secrets can kill. Wretched sinners would sell their services, entrancing their victim into a never-ending cycle of destruction. Normally, Kokichi considered it a nuisance. It was nothing but trouble for his detective agency. In all ways, it was a hassle but it was also essential. Impossible to exist without, doomed to a thorn be a throne in their side forever.

For a society to function balance was necessary. There may be thousands of stories about utopians but there's a reason why they remain stories. A world is not complete without despair and hope. Shuichi Saihira was one of the most nefarious people alive, he controlled a majority of Japan. His business, Saishu could only be rivalled by a selective few in the country. Along with that, it was common knowledge that he didn't always use the most savoury methods but there was never any evidence to back it up. The brighter the light the darker the shadows they say.

However, Kokichi had managed to find a crucial piece of information that could lead to the downfall of Saishu. Finally, he could bring back a form of justice. Deluded by illusions of a better world and drunk off his luck, he ended up here. All he needed was a few more bits of supporting information to hold everything in place and then he could tell the public. Of course, no one in their right mind would leak information on Saishu, not if they valued their well-being. Therefore he could only go to a place in which sanity and safety were exchanged for money and greed.

With his nerves on an edge, he hobbled over to the meeting point. Eager eyes filled with pointless hope scanned around for the informant's figure to appear in the distance. 

The icy winter wind sent shivers trailing down his back and he could have sworn he felt a hand grip his shoulder. It's just your nerves he whispered to himself, brushing off his shoulder in an attempt to convince himself that he was just imagining the sensation. 'Maybe I should go see a doctor later,' he thought to himself.
Imagine his surprise when instead of feeling the raggedy fabric of his coat he felt silk. Wide-eyed he turned his head back ever so slowly. Startled violet eyes traced the silk-clad hand resting on his shoulder back to a tall man with black hair, a cunning smile and deceiving eyes. Kokichi barely managed to prevent his mind from entering full-blown panic mode, he was hanging on by the last shreds of sanity. 

"Pardon me but it seems like you're lost?" His voice was velvet it curled around the detective, like smoke. "If you are looking for someone to spend the night with, that's the other street... Or, are you looking for something else?"

Scanning his surroundings for an escape route, this did not seem right. Walking down a shady street to dig up dirt on a high ranking person and then a random weirdo stops you, that was not a good thing. The best course of action at this moment would be to turn tails and run for his life. Kokichi may be a detective but he was not going to die for justice. "S-something else? I d-don't th-think I understand?" The grip around his briefcase tightened, nails drawing blood. His muscles tensed prepared to break free and run.