Undying Love He Claims

past saiouma
angst
hurt no comfort

"Kokichi, I love you."

"Of course we will never part"

"Don't worry I will always love you"

promise

Undying love he claims, forever in love he says. Words flow from his lips as easily as water. Sweet sugar coated honeyed words. Sweet talking, promises of undying commitment. From those lips, he whispers promises of love and leaves love stamps behind. Kisses, hugs, cuddles, those small touches and gestures that never fail to warm his heart.
However, a liar knows their own kind. He wasn't blind. He could see the truth, but he ignored it. Foolishly thinking that things will change. Believing too much in the other's commitment.
Humans are fools.

Dust particles floating in the air, beams of lighting dousing everything with its golden hues. The sky was a magnificent shade of blue. The world felt quiet as if time had been paused. Towering shelves packed to the brim with knowledge. Leather bound pages, each one held it's own world. Stories about fey, dragons, encyclopedias about plants and biology, there was something for everyone.
Most importantly this is where they spent most of their time together. Encompassed by these towering cases they were free to spill their secrets. 
Secrets spill from their lips only heard by stories surrounding them. How fitting to say everything in a place surrounded by secrets and knowledge. Their words won't be passed around by others, only whispered and shared through the rustling pages.

"Kokichi?" Shuichi lightly tapped Kokichi's shoulder. Even though the thin barrier of fabric, he could clearly feel the bones.

"That's my name, don't wear it out! So what does my beloved require of me today?" Kokichi pulled on a bright smile. He felt his walls rise just a bit. Shuichi's expression was not one of pleasant news.

"Well...we need to talk." His eyes darted to Kokichi's face and back down again, going to and fro.

Kokichi tried his best to lighten the mood. "Oh, and what could it be. Unless?...Jeez, no need to be so nervous~ No need to worry I already know." Just play it off, maybe he was just being paranoid. It is not like anything Shuichi had to announce could be that bad.

"You do?" Suprise was written across his features in an almost comedic way. Mouth agape, eyebrows shooting up to his forehead.

"Yep, you have a hat fetish! No need to worry though I am completely supportive about that." Both hands on the other's shoulders, he looked into their eyes, his own eyes shining quite brightly. A large smile that could rival that's of the number one hero, no one that could rival that's of Angie's, was plastered on his face.

"Thanks?... Wait-um no, I don't have a hat fetish." Hands waving from side to side in denial. Shuichi's face was one of shock and even slight disgust at the idea of being in love with a hat. "It's something else. You see I have been talking to Kaede, Maki and um Kaito." Eyes darted away, fingers tapping, head darting downwards. One hand reached up stopping midway after remembering about his lack of hat. "I think they were right. I never loved you, it was just pity." His gaze stayed down. Something that infuriated Kokichi. If he was going to end it at least look him in the eye and say it.

Kokichi's lips twisted into a straight line. "Pity?"

"Yes, pity. I felt bad for you and paired with my curiosity about you and your lies. It was quite easy to mistake for love." His eyes stubbornly stayed down. Kokichi had no idea why he was so stuck on that fact, but he was. It irritated him to no end.

Shuichi was not one to make rash decisions, there had to be a proper answer. "So who is it?" If he was going to be dump he had the right to know the full reason behind it.