Undying Love He Lies

undying love part two
referenced saiouma
heartbreak is complicated

The days after were painful. His heart leapt at every glance. Unknownly, his traitorous eyes will slide over to Shuichi. His skin would ache at every accidental brush of skin.
Every night, he would awake with gasping breaths.
Shaking hands gently wrap around his bony frame. Clawing desperately at his skin, trying to shake off the phantom remains of the past. Shuichi used to wrap his arms around his waist and rest his head on his shoulder, he thought as he sunk his nails into those areas. Those phantom touches crawled out from the past and reprint themselves onto his skin.
What was worse then the touches were the screams. Their screams echo through his skull, declarations of love. He recalled everything Shuichi said to him. Yet one of the most prominent ghosts was pity. It whispered and hollered in his ears, repeating those words like a mantra. 

"It was pity not love. Pity mixed with curiosity."

Over and over again they hollered at him. They shrieked till he was a sobbing mess, red lines painted all over (not self-harm he was scratching to the point in which it irritated his skin and caused it to turn red and raise up a bit), blanket wrapped tight, belongings thrown in disarray.

The only phantom worse then pity was love. Love never ceased mocking and jeering at him. They curled up and snuggled in right next to his ears and cooed at him. "I love you Kokichi," they sing like a lullaby. His heart would leap at those words and they would sneer at him, switching out with pity as they laugh and laugh.
Love and pity were best friends they worked together to make him miserable.
Switching and swapping in and out like a deck of cards. Constantly changing from one to another, shuffling as they go. They toyed with his heart like it was nothing more than a plaything for their amusement.

While the night was filled with haunting memories and phantoms, the day had another surprise for him.

Instead of the past why not have the present?
What a better gift than to have front-row seat to the play of Shuichi Sihira's new love life!
To see the scenes filled with tenderhearted glances and shy awkward greetings towards Kaede. The lovely youthful love that sprang force from the leading male Shuichi Saihira and the leading female Kaede Akamatsu.

Jealousy sprang forth with all the might of a geyser. It wormed it's way into him, forming a comfy nest right next to his heart. There they stayed napping in silent slumber. Whenever they got tired they would strangle his heart and devour it for its own twisted amusement.
"Look," it would say, the venom dripping downwards onto his unshielded heart. "Shuichi just asked Kaede to teach him the piano, they will be spending hours every day together now."

His chest would heave as he tried to regain control. Unlike the night his suffering had to be concealed during the day.

While Shuchi got over everything easily Kokichi didn't. His heart still thumped, twirled and cried for Shuichi. This traitorous heart still lived for Shuichi.

How unfair, why did only one of them suffer?

The one who caused the pain, the betrayer got off scot-free.

While the victim was stuck withering away in pain.

Occupying himself as a pathetic attempt to escape. Kokichi threw himself into reading, pranking, scheming, and working. He stayed up working until his eyes watered, vision blurred, hands cramped and nosebleeds formed. Would mock others and reduce them to the near point of tears. His pranks became more and more elaborate, almost on the scale of the bombing accident from two years ago. Before he had a limit for these kinds of things, but it was different now. Secrets uncovered themselves as he looked into the pasts of his fellow classmates in deeper depth, his limits have already been breached. There was no point of stopping. All of this just to prevent himself from revisiting the haunting dreams of the past.
In contrast to his constant battle with sleep, there were times he just wanted to fall sleep. Stay floating in dreamland. Never having to face the reality of being dumped, instead just stay trapped in the past. A moment of blissful escape from reality, floating down the river of memories.