Hanahaki 2

Hanahaki
Rantaro x Kokichi
Angst
Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie

I loved and I loved and I lost you.

Shuichi and Kaede

I loved and I loved and I lost you

Kaito and Maki

I loved and I loved and I lost you

Kiibo and Miu

I loved and I loved and I will lose you

Rantaro

Flowers blossomed forth, one by one. They spread open their petals, to welcome the new burst of pain. The blood follows after, in short waves. Hunched over bleeding out gasping for air, as if you were drowning. For a hopeful second you think it would stop, you welcome peace with open arms. Then it starts again. You can almost swear that you heard fate's cruel laughter, echoing in your ear as you cough once more. A never ending cycle of pain. It goes on and on, till seconds seem like days an minutes seem to last years.
Pain increasing with each step he took, as he left the mess in his dorm behind. The pain and suffering so unbearable, yet you are glad it is there, for once it is gone you will be dead. Eventually you stop, stop fearing death. Instead you began to welcome it, to eagerly wait for it. You count down the minutes until it reaches you, not because you wish to die. But because it is my only escape, the only other way to end this would be impossible.

For the words to spoken, those words that Kokichi had longed. Every night he whispered them in his dreams, it flooded his mind when he was awake, taunting himself with the words he will never hear.

His mother never said them, too occupied with the mirror to spare him a second glance. At the rare times she spoke to him it was all about his father, and the need to gain his father's approval.

His father had no need for him. Cold and emotionless, he stayed far away from Kokichi's grasp. The words he spoke was dull and boring, yammering about how Kokichi had to behave in order to not ruin their reputation.

Of course none of that mattered, for when the business fell Kokichi had already left.

Here he was ages from where he used to be, but one thing will always remain the same those words will never be spoken to him. He had felt it so many many times, whispered the words in his mind. Yet he will never hear them, nobody not even he himself will ever say those words.

Losing himself in his thoughts, he twirled one of the primerose in his fingers, how befitting. Primroses meant " I can't live without you" it was true in this case. Five petals on the flower, meant adventure and freedom.
While the primerose meant eternal love, the carnations that he coughed out seemed to go against that. Two toned carnations meant "I can not be with you". Another true statement, after all it wouldn't be the first time he had felt these one sided feelings. Rantaro would end up with someone else, just like how everyone else did. Maybe Tsumugi? They seemed close. Tsumugi was a nice person, not a liar like him. She deserved Rantaro more.
The purple hyacinth represented deep sorrow and asked for forgiveness. Now that had puzzled him at first. Kokichi was not one for deep touchy feeling talks, and avoided going too far down into his thoughts, who knew what he would find there. However after a few days the meaning had dawned clear. Everyday he saw the hatred, the chocking grip locked around his neck, how others pushed him away.

At least now their wish would come true, he will leave them alone for good.

Rantaro....Rantaro............ Rantaro.

If the people he had loved before were more then crushes, then what would Rantaro be?
Shuichi, Kaito, and Kiibo is they were more then crushes, then Ranatro would be a soulmate that didn't belong to him.
After all Rantaro was the only one he had loved hard enough to have this disease.

Here he went again, his mind jumping from topic to topic in a way that only made sense to him. One moment he would be talking about bicycling, and then he would be thinking about trains. Nobody realized the connection, about the bicycler who raced trains on a bike for practice. Another random thought popping up, again and again.

There he went off topic again.

Where was he even?

It was late at night when he had left his dorms for a walking. Kokichi had simply let his  feet lead him, while he zoned out. Allowing himself to fall into the mental chaos of his head.

For some reason he was here on the roof of the school.
How cliche, it was like one of those cringey love stories where all the important stuff happens on the roof. It was so cliche it was almost funny.
Deciding to once again humor fate, with it's over used cliche Kokichi said it.

"I love Rantaro, I love him to the point that it is killing me."

The burning pain started up once more. Primeroses, carnations, yellow chrysanthemum, and purple hyacinth spewed out. Their petals adorned with glistening ruby gems. Hacking and coughing out his lungs, pain blinded his sight. Some described seeing pain as red or white, but for Kokichi pain was black. An empty void swallowing him whole.
Bit by bit it passed, leaving him alone. No Rantaro magically appearing and hearing his confession. Guess even fate isn't cliche enough for that.

Slowly Kokichi gathered himself up and limped his way back to his dorm. Hand grasping the wall in an effort to stay upright, the mess could be left alone for now. Nobody really did go to the roof anymore.

Dotted with crimson rubies, diamonds flooded out from violet eyes, Kokichi headed back.

Maybe it was because fate pitied him, or maybe fate just loved cliches too much, or maybe fate wanted a happy ending? However for some reason there standing in the hallway was Rantaro.

Blinded by pain, broken down from emotions Kokichi thought it was a dream. Or would it be a nightmare?

"Kokichi? Are you alright?"

Laughter rippled forth, shaking his small frame. Fate really did like to taunt him.

Pain blossomed once more. One by one the cycle repeating once more.

Primerose, carnation, violet, hyssop, lilac and purple hyacinth.

Purple, two toned, violet, white, magenta and purple.

"KOKICHI?"

Rantaro rushed forward.

"Nishishi it's no use, I'm going to die. This is the end?....... I love you, Ranatro."

How cliche he thought to confess before dying. Now would bewhen Rantaro returned his feelings and he magically lived.

Ending 1

"Kokichi? Now isn't the time to say that! Hold still I'm calling the ambulance, I love you. You can't die like this!"

Disbelief and pain overwhelmed Kokichi. For the final time he coughed and hacked up those flowers. Expect this time petals and roots poured out.

"You love me?"

afterwards Kokichi healed and they begin dating.

Ending 2

"KOKICHI? Now isn't the time to make a joke, to thinking you would even lie at a time like this. I'm calling the ambulance, try to hang on till then."

I loved and I loved and I lost you too, Rantaro.

I guess I was always unlovable, thought Kokichi.

With that thought the unlovable liar faded away. His love finally killed him.

I loved and I loved and I lost you.

Shuichi and Kaede

I loved and I loved and I lost you

Kaito and Maki

I loved and I loved and I lost you

Kiibo and Miu

I loved and I loved and I lost you

Rantaro