Birthday Wishes

Kiibouma and oumota if you squint
hurt no comfort
nobody really likes Kokichi
angst

Sunlight streamed through the cracks in the blinds. Blinking away sleep Kokichi awoke in all his bedhead glory. His hair may be gravity-defying already, but in the mornings it is on the level of Hagakure. Spiky locks of violet springing up from his scalp forming a wavy mess.
Today he thought, was going to be extremely wonderful or extremely hurtful.
For today was not a normal day. It was a test to see how many actually cared about him enough to know the basic knowledge about him. Today was June 21, also known as his birthday.

Kokichi wasn't going to get his hopes up. To be honest he wasn't even expecting anyone to know. Maybe Kirumi and possibly Kaede, Kiibo and Shuichi but definitely not the others. Even then there was still the question of if they would acknowledge it.
 At the very most he could least expect congratulations from Kirumi.

Keeping those thoughts in mind Kokichi finished up his morning routines and opened his dorm room door. Carefully shielding his heart he exited.

"Morning Kokichi-kun."

Kiibo had just happened to be walking by at this moment. Their rooms were quite close so this was to be expected. Nevertheless, Kokichi couldn't help but notice the lack of congratulations.
Push back those feelings he reminded himself and donned on his facade.

"Why if it isn't my favourite robot, Keeboy! Do you know what day it is today!" A hyperactive smile positioned itself onto his face. Maybe he just needed to be reminded, Kokichi wishfully thought. However, that was a pipe dream.

"Is that a trick question? It should be June twenty-first Sunday." Confusion riddled the robot's features as he stared questionably at Kokichi.

The joy and glee he had displayed earlier instantly deflated. Forcing himself to keep up the act he switched over to a look of sheer boredom. "Geez, are you built with a calendar? Of course, you would answer incorrectly, what did I expect from a robot anyways."

"That's robophobic!... Do you really need to be robophobic so early in the morning? Can't you just give it a rest for once?... I'm really starting to be worried about your mentality, my answer was perfectly correct."

"Aww, are you worried about little old me? To think that you would think about me in that way, you're making me blush."

"What? I don't understand what you mean. I hadn't said anything that should garner this type of reaction."

"Of course you wouldn't understand! Since robots don't understand human humour, to begin with!"

"Kokichi...It's too early in the morning to deal with your robophobia. In fact, you seem to be more robophobic then usual... I'm leaving... See you later in the dining hall."

"Bye-bye Keeboy, save me a seat won't you?" Kokichi sighed and pulled out a handkerchief. Dabbing at imaginary tears he spoke with a gentle smile, perfectly portraying the attitude of a mother. "My little boy all grown up now, leaving without me. It wasn't too long ago that you were holding my hand and tripping over your feet."

"Um...thanks?...Wha-Wait?" It took a while for Kiibo's brain to catch up with what Kokichi was saying. It too early in the morning to understand the random things Kokichi sprouts. "That's not true! When have we ever held hands?"

"Now he is rebelling, refusing to acknowledge those precious times we shared." Full-on bawling Kokichi gave a dramatic show. "Imagine what your father would say if he saw you now!" Waterfalls poured out from his eyes.

Kiibo could only stare in wonder at the sight. How was Kokichi able to produce such a large amount of tears?
Instantly Kokichi's tears dried up and his expression changed to one of annoyance. Kiibo blinked to make sure that he was seeing things correctly. He will never get over how quickly Kokichi's emotions changed, like switching tv channels.