Phantom Thief Interrogation

saiouma
Kokichi uses false identity going by Koichi Komaeda

Stars faded away and the black melted into scarlet. Standing from afar stood a small figure.
"Red sky in the mornings, sailors take warning," he muttered.
Speaking out loud to nobody he said " that's because red sky's in the morning means that there'll be a storm or rain later on. There's always a meaning behind every saying."

"Detective Saihira we have news for you, please head over to the office."
Hanging up Shuichi raced towards the office. He had been working on the phantom thief case for over a week and still have yet to find any new leads. This news could mean a breakthrough.

"You said you have news?" He stated upon arriving.

"Yes, we have found someone who claims to be part of the phantom thief's organization or at least has knowledge of them."

Shuichi gestured for them to lead the way. Slowly they walked down the passage leading towards a small interrogation room. Sitting there was a small child, with striking violet eyes and octopus hair. They seemed almost innocent and it was hard to believe that they would have any involvement with the phantom thief.

Upon stepping into the room their attention immediately turned towards Shuichi. Only then was Shuichi able to get a clear view of the bruises and bandages littering their petite frame. He hardened his heart as he sat down, mentally preparing to begin.

"Nice to meet you, I am Shuichi Saihira. You are here because you said that you have information on the phantom thief case. I will be asking you some questions and I expect you to answer truthfully. First off we will need you to state your full name and age," he started off saying.

"I am Komaeda Koichi, age 17." Came the reply, Koichi's face remained impassive.

Quickly Shuichi jotted down the new information while still keeping an eye on this 'Koichi'. He didn't seem like a stereotypical bad guy, but it doesn't mean he was innocent either.

"What are your relations with the phantom thief and his organization?"

"I am his right-hand man."

This peaked Shuichi's curiosity. Right-hand man, that would be an extremely absurd lie, but that would mean everything for them if it was true. However, what would a right-hand man be doing here, what was the reason?

"Right-hand man? What would a right-hand man be doing betraying his leader?" Shuichi said, still skeptical about the whole situation. Internally he thought to himself even if you do have a reason it's unlikely that your leader would even let you be here in the first place."

Koichi's eyes started to water as a single tear made its way down the smooth curve of his cheek.

"I'm here because...because...they drank all of my panta!" He sorrowfully cried out, tears streaming down in earnest.

Shuichi tried his best not to look baffled as he stared. Was this guy being serious?

Resiting the urge to face-palm Shuichi said, "I'm sorry but this investigation is not a joke, if you are here to fool around then please leave."

At those words, the tears dried up as they stared at the detective. Reaching down into their pocket they slowly pulled out two objects and slid them over.

Warily Shuichi delicately picked up the objects and inspected them. First was a small note, written on it in a fancy, purple, cursive script, the words were "it's a lie!" The paper used and the writing style was an exact replica to the phantom thief's notes, that were left behind at the scene of the crimes. Shuichi was genuinely surprised nobody else knew about those notes, maybe their claim wasn't a joke? Next was a delicately woven, checkered silk scarf. It was one of the phantom thief's signature, even his members wore it. The lucky few people who had seen the phantom thief in person always mentioned this item of clothing. However it was often omitted in the media's descriptions of the thief.