Manipulations

part two to Negotiations
saiouma
a few swear words, less than ten
(*) means there will be an explanation at the bottom of the page. Since this will contain some break-in and entering how some of his items function will come with an explanation. Of course, inputting the explanation into the story might ruin the reading experience. However, not understanding what something is talking about will also ruin the reading experience. Therefore, as a compromise, the explanation is placed at the bottom of the page. If anyone finds it a hassle to read then scroll down and then back up you can either read the explanations first before the story. Or you may read the story and then the explanations, or any other way you may prefer.

"Kirigiri-san, I've got the evidence and information." The harsh air forced its way into his lungs, stinging his throat as he gasped for air. Silently Shuichi made a note to pick back up his training with Momota after he solved the case.
"You have managed to meet him?... Interesting... we will look into that later, for now, the information?" Matching black gloves lay still in front of Shuichi's face. Kirigir's gloves were much higher quality than his, but not on the level of the horse king's. Strange, they still remained in his mind even after the interaction. It was like their words had crawled into his brain and formed a nest there.
"Saihira." Impatient and emotionless, Kirigiri's stoic tone snapped Shuichi out of his inner turmoil. "Yes, the information!" Hastily he dipped into his pocket and pulled out the envelope from before. Gently his fingers ghosted over the pin. The metal was warm and filled his mind with thoughts of them. Normally, it wasn't proper to hold back evidence, but this time should be fine. At least he thought so? They wore gloves when handing it over, there should be no fingerprints on it.
Maybe it was the fear of crossing them or it was that strange sensation that pinched at his heart, either way, it was something that held him back.

"Um? May I leave now?" Awkward shuffling as he tried to occupy his mind with other thoughts. One encounter and he couldn't stop. The flashes of flawless skin, lips that had spewed out enough lies to fill the ocean, and those dainty hands riddled with untold stories, they all lingered in the back of his mind. Scratching needlessly, sinking into his brain, consuming his mind and leaving behind unremovable marks. He tried to push them out, dragging them by the root and shoving them out. However, by getting rid of them he was just letting in another monster. Anytime his mind wasn't pounding with thoughts and memories of them they were screeching with the teasing whispers of the phantom thief.
Focus, he snapped at himself. There was a case to solve and Kirigiri was staring at him. 

"Huh?" What a wonderful and unique choice of words Shuichi had chosen. It definitely made him sound much more intelligent and worthy of inheriting the title of the ultimate detective. Even Kirigiri looked slightly impressed by his wide range of words, or maybe not it's hard to tell with her.
"You're free to leave, just make sure to write up a report on what happened later."
"Oh-um thanks?" Slim white digits reached for his hat only to be greeted with a mess of tangled knots. Once more an image of them danced across his mind as he remembered where exactly the hat went. "I'll get going then." The way the other cradled the hat in their hands lingered in his mind as he walked away. Unknowingly his hand crept into his pockets and gently held the pin from before.

Quick-witted fingers darted back and forth easily undoing the lock. The door opened with a dramatic flourish as he sauntered in. A horrendously bright yellow wig was yanked off along with the wig cap. Slender limbs collapsed into a tangle of bones and skin.
Invading the followers sent out by certain organizations with the added on detectives was not a simple task. At the very least he had managed to attain something valuable today.

Pausing for a moment or two bones creaked as he stood up. Light-hearted steps skimmed the wooden floor, carefully tossing the baseball cap onto the coatrack and tucking away the camera. Password inputted, they answered within a second. Finalizing the plan with the members, organizing the next meeting, then hanging up.
Hot water cascaded down, steam obscuring his vision, the artificial scent of grape fills the air. Memories flashed by, Shuichi's soft tangled hat hair. The worn-out fabric gliding under the thin pads of his fingers. Their golden gaze staring at him intensely.
Frozen tiles slid under water soaked feet. Warm, fluffy, white enveloped his shivering frame. Thoughts invading his mind, what was Shuichi doing right now? What should he say when they meet again? Will Shuichi wear his gift? The machine sparked to life, hot air blowing through water-soaked hair.