Mr. Brightside

Inspired by the song Mr. Brightside by The Killers Beware angst.
Rantaro x kokichi
Rantaro x kaeda
Cheating
Slight mentions of lemons

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine

Kokichi loved rantaro. He never lied to him the truth was all he said. No secrets was keep between them, no lies. Sure their relationship had a rocky start but it was all fine now. Their wedding happened only a few years ago.
However so much has changed since then.

gotta gotta be down because I want it all
it started out with a kiss

When kokichi first confessed he tried to play it off with lies and jokes, convinced that a rejection was sure to come. He will always remember the moment rantaro leaned over and captured his lips. Whispering into his ear " I love you too." Kokichi turned scarlet at the answer. He shyly stuttered out " really ." Expecting it to be a joke, he was shocked at the outcome. That was the start of their relationship.

how did it end up like this
it was only a kiss now
It was only a kiss

To think this would be the out come. Him lying alone on Christmas Eve. Only a few minutes ago had he felt rantaro leave. What did he expect after all, he was just a pathetic liar.

I'm falling asleep and she calling a cab
while
he's have a smoke and she's taking a drag
now their going to bed

She probably doesn't even know about him. Believe it or not they weren't that public about their relationship. Rantaro deserved better then him after all. Even after all these years he never understood why rantaro stuck around.

And my stomach is sick it's
And all in my head
But she's touching his chest now
He takes off her dress now

They probably had a drink at a fancy bar. As rantaro whispered sweet things in her ear, saying that she was worth it all. Rantaro would brush back her silky blond hair or help her adjust her music notes barrettes. Before saying how much he loved her and how beautiful she was. Things that only kokichi was supposed to hear.

Letting me go I just can't look it killing me
And taking control

They would drive to a hotel and rantaro would open the door. Being the gentleman he is. Before they collapse onto the bed, becoming a tangle of limbs. Clothing will be thrown off in a hurry. Lips will crash into each other, tongues tangling, hands roaming free.

Jealousy turning saints into the sea

She's so different from kokichi, kind and caring. Unlike kokichi scheming ways.

Swimming through sick lullabies

Maybe he should go to sleep, stop thinking of these facts. However his mind just won't stop.

Chocking on your alibis

Rantaro would come home next morning, coming up with a lie. That both of them knew was false. Perhaps kokichi will confront him. Use it as an excuse to blow up and let go of all his feelings.

But it's just the price I pay destiny is calling me
Opening my eager eyes

However deep down inside he couldn't. Couldn't risk all he had. Call him foolish but he still loved rantaro. Perhaps that's way he's here alone, not chasing after rantaro. Because he knew rantaro deserved better.

Cause I'm mr. bright side

Rolling over he laughs and laughs, burying the pains beneath lies. He didn't care, it's not like he liked rantaro that much anyways. It didn't hurt not at all.

Then why were these tears rolling down his face, why couldn't he stop them?

Why?

Why rantaro why? Why wasn't he good enough for rantaro, wasn't he enough?