67

Later at Dinner....

"Can you believe our baby is about to be a year old?"

"I don't want to believe it."

"Me either, I feel like I was just nine months pregnant waddling in my classroom."

"I can't believe we're just now getting to celebrating our anniversary too. Speaking of classroom, you're going to have to go in early tomorrow and clean that desk."

Jessica's face went pink and Danny grinned.

"I know."

Danny reach across the table and smiled brightly at her.

"I'm so glad you came back baby."

"I shouldn't have left."

"But look how things turned out. Perfectly fine."

"You're right." She smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I love you beyond words Jessie."

"I love you too, more than I'll ever be able to express. I love our life. Even when I didn't appreciate the routine, I did."

"We sometimes get too caught up in routine."

"I like the basic routine of our babies."

"I miss our babies, even the big one." Danny said, making Jessica laughed.

"Me too." She admitted.

"We're pathetic, we haven't even gotten our drinks yet." He said grinning like a wild man.

"Downright ridiculous." She smiled, batting her eyelashes at him, resting her head on her hand.

*

"Good morning Lonnie." Jessica said as she wiped down her desk and after began wiping the others to cover her tracks.

"Good morning Mrs. Huston. What are we doing?"

"We're going to have a makeup day."

"It's crazy that it's already time almost time to go out of school again."

"I agree, but I started with the school year with a baby. Time always seems to go faster when you have a baby."

"It's really amazing what the human body can do."

"It really is. Why are you so early today Lonnie?" Jessica smiled and began organizing books on the shelves.

"My car broke down so my dad dropped me off, but had to beat the buses to drop off my brother."

"I know that all too well. My husband loves to drop my kids and I off, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way."

"How many kids do you have, if you don't mind me asking." She asked as she sat down at her newly cleaned desk.

"I have 3. Oliver's almost a year old, Evelyn's going to be 5 and Micheals 19."

"You seem to have your hands full."

"I do, but I wouldn't have it any other way." She smiled and went to her desk, sitting down to wait on the kids.

________
I wrote 13 chapters in bulk, I cannot wait to share what lies ahead! Also anything you'd like to see?