36

May 14th
35 weeks

"I cannot believe this is the last time you're ever going to be in my classroom." Jessica said, her lip quivering.

"Oh Mrs H, you'll see us all again."

"Yeah, but not like this."

Sophie and Darlene got up to hug Jessica.

"I'm going to miss you girls. I'm going to miss all of you, I wrote you all cards and put them on your desks. I don't want you to feel like you have to open them, but they just tell you how much you each mean to me. You guys have been my favorite class out of the 4 senior classes I've had."

"Awe."

"I love you guys as if you're all my children and now you guys are flying off from the nest and doing your next best thing. I see bright futures for all of you. If any of you need anything at all, even if you're stranded someone, call me. My numbers in each card I gave." Jessica said smiling through their tears.

"You are one of the best teachers I've ever had." Sophie said, hugging her and handing her a wrapped box from her backpack.

"Oh you didn't have to Soph." She said hugging her.

"It's fine, open it."

Jessica opened it and smiled warmly up at Sophie. It was a onesie that said my mommy's a warrior, she dealt with class of 2020 and it had all of the kids names surrounding the bold text.

"Guys I love it." She said looking around, starting to cry again.

"Ignore my pregnancy hormones." She said, wiping her tears, "but I love you all so much. Next year is going to be so hard."

"We'll visit you Mrs Huston." Darlene said.

"Promise?"

"Of course, we know about you taking in Micheal. He could invite us over."

Jessica looked over at Micheal.

"I told my closest friends about an amazing woman who saved my life." Micheal said looking at her and hugging her.

"You all are too much for me today."

The bell rang and Darlene and Sophie started bawling. Jessica of course joined in.

"One more group hug before we say goodbye."

The whole class hugged.

"I love you all. Always." She choked before smiling and waving them off.

_____________________
I know this is a sappy chapter, but all good things must come to an end, like this school year.