42.fantasy vs reality

I'm wandering by the foyer when Russo steps inside with Evan, Sophia, Emily and Alexandra right behind him. We all light up at the sight of each other and group hug. "What the hell were you thinking, Kat?" Emily asks with a frown, her face slightly bruised, "You could've been killed!" We separate, Sophia and Emily already teary-eyed.

"Exactly what I need to know. What were you thinking?" Alexandra asks, hugging me tighter this time, "I'm still happy you kicked his ass."

Fuck, if she only knew this was much worse than just a fucking beating of a rapist. This is murder, drugs, pedophiles, gangsters, abusers, a fucking complete facade of what's really Wolf's empire.

"The important thing is that both of you are here with us," Sophia exclaims with a smile, referring to Emily and I.

"Thank you," I mouth at her without the other girls noticing, referring for sending Mateo to help at the hotel and for taking care of me when I got here afterwards.

"How are you feeling, Em?" I ask, turning my attention to her.

"As good as new," she gives me a smile that doesn't reach her eyes, "You know nothing can stop me, amor," she adds, just as good as me at hiding her true feelings.

Alexandra leans into my ear, "Who's the man talking to Evan?"

I discreetly look over her shoulder at Evan and Russo? Is she referring to Russo? Better than gnarly Victor.

"Russo West," I shrug, "He's okay." Actually, he also kind of kills people, um, but it's bad people... does that make it any better? No? Yeah, I thought so.

"Okay? No, he's better than okay," she blurts out casually, eyeing him from head to toes like a predator, "He's fine as hell and I want him."

Didn't she like Wolf and Carl on Friday?

She suddenly grasps my arm tightly, her face turning red. She covers her mouth and starts heaving. Sophia and Emily stop chatting, turning their attention to her.

"Don't you dare throw up on my Manolos, Alexandra!" Emily warns her in a low voice, completely disgusted.

"She's been feeling like this all morning," Sophia says, rubbing Alexandra's back soothingly, "Do you want to go to the bathroom?"

"I'm perfectly fine," Alexandra mumbles, fanning herself with her hand, "It's probably just something I ate last night."

"Hey, has Evan said anything to you guys?" I ask once I'm sure Alexandra is better, "I feel like he's about to bombard me with a speech at any moment."

"He was mad as hell, but he got over it and stopped me from calling Victoria," Alexandra adds, her face already back to its normal color.

I gape at her and turn my surprised gaze to Emily and Sophia.

"This bitch was going to call my mother again?" I ask them, pointing my thumb at Alexandra.

Sophia nods and rolls her eyes.

"Once a snitch, always a snitch," Emily adds, making Alexandra give her a murderous glare.

In that moment Wolf appears with a fuming Daviana stomping behind him. I notice she's not wearing her neck scarf as she hurries out of the mansion angrily, ignoring all of us. We all stay in silence, glancing at each other uncomfortably at the sudden tension that came along with Wolf and Daviana's presence.

"Russo, Olga prepared the terrace. Show them the way," Wolf orders with his usual impassiveness.

Russo nods and as I'm going to start walking towards the terrace with the others, Wolf pulls me to the side, letting them all go ahead.