43.bad news

The girls and I are seated already on the dining table out in the terrace, eating our breakfast and catching up about everything, including what happened yesterday.

The brief story Sophia and I have decided to tell them is that I went to The Cecilia Hotel searching for Salvatore to make him turn himself to the police. He drugged me and tried to rape me, but I fought him off and then Wolf arrived before things got any worst, calling the police to take him away.

"How did Wolf know you'd be there?" Alexandra asks, always such a lawyer, always so nosy.

"Russo called him and Mateo when he lost Kat, telling them where they were located," Sophia quickly replies.

"Thank goodness Wolf got there on time," Emily says, squeezing my hand from across the table softly, "Salvatore is a disgusting beast and I hope he rots in prison."

We all agree with small nods.

I give Wolf a quick glance through my Versace sunglasses. He's busily chatting by the pool with Russo and Evan while they drank their coffees.

Fuck he has a nice ass. And look at his biceps flexing with every movement he makes with his arms. God and those broad shoulders.

Yes, I'm turned on already.

On another note, Wolf and Evan seem to be getting along just fine, my subconscious points out.

They do look like they're getting along, but I don't really care about Evan and Wolf's relationship status right now. All I want to know is if the buyer of Suscitato is all in or not, and if Wolf will take me to the Cimorelli Chateau if I ask. I know he doesn't have to tell me everything, but I like knowing he likes doing these kind things and not everything about him is dark and grim.

"So how does it feel to have someone like Wolf head over heels for you?" Alexandra asks, taking a sip of her mimosa, "Cause I could definitely get used to this, having breakfast here every time I come to visit you," she throws her head back, closing her eyes and smiling as a light wind caresses her red hair, "The summer breeze, the blue sky, the sound of the ocean every morning."

Trust me, I could easily get used to this too.

I chew on my lower lip, focusing my gaze on my waffles, "It's not like that—- we're just having— fun," I explain with difficulty in a barely audible voice.

"He told you he doesn't want anything serious?" She rolls her eyes, slightly irritating me, "Don't feel bad, men like Wolf simply can't be tamed, trust me."

My mind goes back to what he told me earlier.

I don't care if I just met you an hour ago. I don't need to know you for fucking years, months or weeks to feel something for you, Katarina.

What did he mean by that? That he does feel more than he should for me?

In that moment my cellphone vibrates.

Its a message from Wolf.

* You look beautiful when you're lost in your own thoughts. Are you still mad at me? You haven't even told me if you liked your gift or not. -W

I swallow hard, butterflies appearing in my stomach.

It's just a fucking text message. Why does my body have to react as if he'd just confess his undying love for me?

"Wolf isn't like Carl, Kat, maybe he hasn't been tamed because he hasn't found the right woman yet," Sophia says in her usual, sweet tone even though I knew it was just her way of telling Alexandra to fuck off.