79.under the sea

A/N: I know it's been a while and I'm truly sorry. I haven't been feeling well lately emotionally nor mentally, but hopefully it doesn't last forever.  Please if you don't remember much about what's going on, re read the last chapter to catch up because we are almost reaching the end of Kat and Wolf's story 💔 thanks for all the love. Xoxo

WOLF'S POV

I repeat myself, "There is—"

I glance at Katarina, she's lost in her own thoughts, tense.

Why won't you look at me? What are you thinking? You don't want me to say anything do you? Was it all a lie then, maybe he is more than just a "fuck buddy"...you did send him those fucking pictures of yourself... and always reply to his messages... Goddamnit, love.

I take a stabilizing breath before I completely lose it and end up drowning this fucker.

"There's — brunch on the sundeck. Come, follow me."

Shit.

"Oh, you work as a crew member?" Richard asks behind me, making the rest snicker at his ineptness.

"No, I own it."

"You own this?" He asks incredulously, "Damn, what do you do for a living?"

I kill motherfuckers like you... sometimes.

"A little bit of everything," I decide to reply, already exhausted by this pointless conversation.

Now I have to ask myself again— how the hell can Katarina be with someone like him? Even if it's just for a quick fuck or some attention, doesn't she see she deserves better? Look at him, he's poured on his body the whole bottle of tanning oil, and what's up with those Old Navy flip flops?

I proceed to give them a quick tour of the yacht and introduce them to part of the crew. I have no idea how the hell I'm able to concentrate through it with Katarina's mouth-drooling outfit though. She's wearing a nude, maxi, mesh cover-up with a side ruching that exposes her silky thigh. A white, triangle top with a matching thong hugs her curves underneath, it has printed orchids, magnolias and orange blossoms.

Fuck, she looked flawless, so fucking beautiful.

I needed to feel her around me, taste her skin, smell her closely.

No, no, you need to talk to her, Wolf, communicate through something other than sex. Like words.

Right. Right.

We finally reach the sundeck and proceed to sit around the square, wooden table. Katarina sits across me, her brown eyes still everywhere but on me. Richard drags his chair closer to Katarina's while the others take a seat on the remaining chairs as they laugh and chat.

I notice Richard resting his hand on Katarina's knee. My fists automatically clench at his gesture and a bitter taste forms on my tongue.

That's the taste of jealousy, my friend, my subconscious reminds me in a whisper.

Before I can relax my stiff body, Katarina's eyes have already locked on my fists. They quickly skim away from them and I notice a hint of a smile in her gorgeous, glossed lips.

You like it when I get jealous, don't you? You're enjoying this, I think to myself.

Fuck. She's so damn beautiful. Look at how the sun lightens her eyes and pinkens her high cheekbones; or the way the breeze blows softly through her black hair, intoxicating me in the most pleasurable way imaginable with her natural scent.