85.la verdad/the truth

KAT'S POV

Oh god, this isn't a good time for your drama, Victoria. I have no panties on to begin with. And secondly, Wolf has half-a-boner and he's drunk. So drunk he actually told me to leave with him right this instant.

Should've prepared that jet sooner, my subconscious mutters annoyed, unpacking her LV luggage.

"You're not going anywhere with him, young lady," Evan suddenly snaps at me, his hard glare never leaving Wolf.

Shit.

"Were you guys eavesdropping on us?" I ask, unable to hide the hostility in my tone.

Wolf returns Evan's glare, "With all due respect, Mr.Ramirez, you should mind your own damn business."

"And you should put some clothes on, Mr.Vier!" Evan snaps back at him, now glaring at the both of us with disappointment.

I nervously drag both hands down my loose hair, feeling burned-out all of a sudden, "Stop. Both of you."

I turn my attention to Victoria, "I am leaving with Wolf. There's no doubt in my mind that wherever he is, I want to be. And I know how crazy it sounds—"

My eyes find Wolf's. There's an almost invisible grin on his lips, but I can easily make it out. It makes my heart leap.

"I don't want to be without him," I finish, my eyes never leaving Wolf's glistening, hazel ones.

Evan lets out an angry scoff, "You've gone crazy, Kat," he whispers harshly, mad and concerned at my rash decisions, "You don't know anything about him! This— relationship or whatever you want to call it— is based on lies!"

I let out an exhausted sigh. Not this again.

Hold on, what is Evan even doing here? Wasn't he supposed to be in Cuba? My subconscious lifts a perfectly groomed eyebrow with suspicion.

"Por amor a Dios, cállense la boca!" For the love of God, shut up, my mother hisses in Spanish, "And as much I enjoy the view in front of me," she adds, referring to Wolf's bare chest, "Please cover up, Dios mío."

Wolf and I suddenly remember we were about to fuck each other's brains out. He grabs his hoodie from the floor, struggling to put it on. While I rapidly pick underwear and pijama shorts from one of the drawers of the antique dresser that decorates the room. I can feel my cheeks heating. I'm sure Wolf feels the same. Or maybe he's used to these type of intrusions—like when I caught Daviana giving him a blow job. Fuck, I'll never forget that.

"Kat, I really don't think that you'll want that after you hear all I have to say," Victoria says in her usual, confident voice.

I roll my eyes. Jesus this is tiring.

Her eyes glue back on Wolf and she continues, "What the hell are you thinking?" She catwalks over to the same dresser, opening the first drawer and grabbing one of my cigarettes. "Did you really think I was going to let you make a fool out of my daughter?"

Since when does she smoke? And what the fuck is she talking about.

Victoria takes out a brass lighter from the inside of her suit's jacket. It has a dragon engraved on it, just like the one tattooed in my back... just like the one on my pocketknife...just like the one that man had on his neck...

Martina's cry comes instantly to my mind, "The dragon!Take it away! Please, please, I beg you! He did it— he, he pushed me off the stairs!"

I will my legs to stop shaking and stand up straighter. I needed to calm my anxiety also, because if I didn't I'm sure I'd be passing out any second now.