39.soothe it

Who would've thought I'd feel this refreshed after being scrubbed with a damn loofah by Olga. She even massaged my scalp and shoulders. At first I was hesitant, because I'm a fucking grown  woman who can bathe herself, but then she told me she had been a nurse for more than 15 years and had helped Wolf shower me that night in Pantelleria. I asked her if she thought it was normal for Wolf and her to bathe an unconscious, kidnapped woman and she just blurted a firm "no" and gave me her usual warm smile. God, these people are fucking nuts and I'm just voluntarily becoming a part of them.

I quickly get dressed and open the Versace, shoe box. Inside there are a pair of black, combat boots and a handwritten note.

Do not use them to run away from me.
Love, Wolf

I look over my shoulders to make sure I'm alone in the bathroom and lightly sniff it, taking in Wolf's heavenly cologne.

A wide, uncalculated smile forms on my lips, one I obviously quickly erase.

I put the boots on and blow-dry my hair a little, letting it in its natural waves and head downstairs feeling much better.

After a few minutes lost in this labyrinth of a mansion, I find myself walking down a long hallway with large windows that give me a view of the garden. It was beautiful outside today and I actually felt much better.

I spot two, large wooden doors on my left and hear laughter on the other side. I can hear Russo and Wolf talking about days in high school and I instantly imagine them as young teenagers.

I do a few breath exercises, shake my body for a good 20 seconds to loosen myself up and stretch myself before gathering the courage to knock on the fucking door.

Victor opens it, his grin automatically turning into a grimace at the sight of me.

"Victor, what a pleasure," I say dryly.

"Ms.DeLuca," he replies in an even drier tone, stepping to the side and letting me in.

Fun fact, Victor and I don't and won't get along ever in a fucking million lives. I'd rather set myself on fire than be with him in the same room for 5 minutes. He's vile, he's a sociopath and gnarly as hell.

Are you talking about Wolf or Victor, Kat?

I internally roll my eyes at my subconscious.

Wolf doesn't enjoy killing people. Victor, he lives for it.

I brush past him, meeting with a chuckling Wolf and Russo.

Wolf's seating behind his desk. His eyes light up when he sees me, accelerating my breathing. He's in navy linen pants and a brown, buttoned-up shirt with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing off his tattooed arms.

"Ms.DeLuca, I'm glad you're feeling better," Russo says, standing up from his chair, "I told Wolf about Raul and Jose, he has sent security to their boutique just in case."

I smile at him, relieved, "Thanks, Russo."

He gives me a polite nod, walking to the door and turning his attention to Wolf, "Victor will drive me to meet with a potential buyer who's interested in Suscitato. Call us if you need anything," he adds, exiting the office with Victor behind him.

Once we're alone I turn my confused expression towards Wolf.

"You're planning on selling Suscitato?"

He nods, raking his hair with his fingers and leaving it in a sexy, messy wave that would've wet my panties... if I was wearing any.

"As soon as possible."