82.sharks

KAT'S POV

"What the fuck is happening," I whisper under my breath.

"Katarina, I have no idea how to explain this," Wolf sighs, slumping his broad shoulders, "Just know that we don't have to do anything that you don't want to, love."

"Do— what exactly?" I think I ask him, but I'm not sure, the adrenaline rushing through my veins and my erratic heart are louder than any other thing around me.

But by the looks of it, nothing good can come out of this situation.

Ashton is tied to a chair, blindfolded and half-naked. Victor is sharpening a butcher knife with a small whetstone, his cold eyes glued on Ashton, and Russo is smoking a cigar on the boat's helm as he listens to Frank Sinatra's "That's Life".

The small boat sways softly from side to side, making my stomach churn and lightly lose my footing.Wolf snakes his arm around my waist to steady me. I swallow hard and stabilize my breathing as he holds me in his arms, my safe place.

Has he found out the whole truth? Has Ashton confessed what he's done to me— to Bella and Eva?

"Kat! Kat! I love you! Don't believe a word they say, Kat, you know I haven't done anything!" Ashton desperately begs me, his face wet and red because of his sudden exaggerated sobbing.

My face hardens and my eyebrows knit tightly together as my rage increases. Is this the moment I've been waiting for all these years...The moment of truth. My eyes skitter up to Wolf's. By the way he's staring down at me with slight fear and misunderstanding in his hazel eyes, I can tell this is a part of me he still hasn't gotten used to— goddamnit, I still haven't gotten used to it. Maybe it's the one that I unleashed in Balestrate, or no, one much, much worst. It's the death of my daughter and Eva we're talking about, and if Ashton is indeed guilty... I'll be the one to make sure he doesn't make it out of Italy alive.

Wolf frowns, "This was a mistake, right? Let's leave—"

I interrupt him by grabbing his face and kissing him with force. "Thank you, Wolf," I whisper against his full lips.

He's the only one who has understood how much I've needed this, this fucking closure, to know that it wasn't my fault, that I would've never done anything to hurt Bella and Eva on purpose.

"Thank you for believing in me," I say, pressing my forehead against his and closing my eyes.

He soothingly runs his hand down the back of my head and softly nods, "Do what you have to do, baby."

I hesitantly step away from him and walk over to where Victor is sitting, opening my hand wide in front of him.

He places the knife on my palm and smirks up at me, "Have fun."

"Kat? Are you still here, Kat?" Ashton sniffs multiple times and continues to sob, "If I did something to offend you, I apologize. You know I only wanted you to love me the way I love you!"

"You piece of shit, are you ready to confess?" I ask him in a blank tone, trailing the point of the large, shiny knife down his hairy chest, making him whisper a prayer.

"You, you won't hurt me, right? You're not this kind of person!" Ashton sobs louder, "Is that fucking Wolf forcing you to do these kind of things?! You don't even know him, Kat! Gosh, your mother would be devastated if she knew what you're up to—"

"Shut the fuck up," I tell him in a low voice, kneeling down closely in front of him.

"Jesus Christ, you smell so good— I, I— I just wanted to taste you, Kat. I, I wanted to smell you and touch you!" Ashton cries, "You wanted me too! Admit it—"